2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 10:37 AM by Intel Corporation

Why is the cpu clock speed of the nuc5-i5 lower than the clock speed of the nuc5-i3?

perazim

Why is the cpu clock speed of the nuc5-i5 lower than the clock speed of the nuc5-i3?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Why is the cpu clock speed of the nuc5-i5 lower than the clock speed of the nuc5-i3?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello perazim,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC community.

I used the filter feature in Intel® Product Specifications in order to get the results for the Intel® NUC5 i3 and i5, find them here; Intel® Product Specification Comparison.

Intel® NUC5 i3;

Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i3MYHE, this model includes the Intel® Core™ i3-5010U Processor

Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i3RYK, this model includes the Intel® Core™ i3-5010U Processor.

Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i3RYH, this model includes the Intel® Core™ i3-5010U Processor.

These units share the same processor, for this model the processor base frequency is 2.10 GHz.

Intel® NUC5 i5;

Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5MYHE, this this model includes the Intel® Core™ i5-5300U Processor.

Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5RYH, this this model includes the, Intel® Core™ i5-5250U Processor.

Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5RYK, this this model includes the, Intel® Core™ i5-5250U Processor.

The Intel® Core™ i5-5300U Processor has a base frequency of 2.30 GHz, and also has a max Turbo frequency of 2.90 GHz. For the Intel® Core™ i5-5250U Processor this one has base frequency of 1.60 GHz, but this unit can go up to 2.70 GHz with the max Turbo frequency.

In case you want to know more about the maximum turbo frequency, I would like to share with you that this frequency indicates the highest possible frequency achievable when conditions allow the processor to enter turbo mode. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology frequency varies depending on workload, hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Find more information here; Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0

Regards,

Amy.

• 2. Re: Why is the cpu clock speed of the nuc5-i5 lower than the clock speed of the nuc5-i3?
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

perazim, hope the information posted above helped you.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.