14 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2017 9:20 PM by R00b

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth doesn't work Windows 7

R00b

First the specs. Asus G73JW 64b Win7 Ultimate SP1. Intel i7 1.73GHz. Ameritrends BIOS v 205. 14GB memory. History, Upgraded from the original combo WiFi card three years ago. I got the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 abgn. Worked with no issues. I recently got a new bluetooth mouse which only works with the newer bluetooth 4.0 so I had to upgrade. Here is where my headache began.

Installed the card, no problems. Installed Intel's auto driver update utility. First set of drivers installed ok although there were some glitches on the bluetooth side. For some odd reason the MS BT-270 has a yellow warning while the Intel BT device is working properly. Even in this state the bluetooth seemed to be ok. Intel driver utility says there's an update (this is when the headache got bigger). I used it to install the bluetooth update. Bluetooth stops working again. I tried at least 4 different versions of the driver for this card and none seemed to work 100%. I have no clue why but the intel bluetooth seemed to work only when the MS BT-270 was in yellow state with a code 10 status. (This device cannot start. (Code 10)) Even though, I'd rather this not be the case I went along with it since my mouse was working.

Today, while watching TV the mouse randomly just stops working. I checked my windows system log to find the following errors repeating over and over again

A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.

The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.

Only one active Bluetooth adapter is supported at a time. (I have not installed any other bluetooth adapters)

The two bolded errors repeat. The last one repeats less often.

Note: Wireless side works flawlessly. No issues throughout any of the updates. Already contacted ASUS support and they basically told me I'm screwed if hardware isn't installed by them. They also told me that they haven't tested this particular card on this machine. They offered absolutely no support and told me to contact Intel.

Driver versions I've tried:

BT_19.40.1702_64_Win7

BT_19.30.1646_64_Win7

BT_19.11.1639_64_Win7

BT_19.00.1629_64_Win7

BT_19.0.1607_64_Win7