1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 11:35 AM by vlastyr

Network Adapter Problem

vlastyr

Hello!

So I got a new pc today, it came with no OS installed, so Ive installed Windows 7. The problem is that under device manager under network adapters it says its missing Ethernet Controller. Anyway with the exception that I cant find the right Ethernet Controller for my pc, when I try to instal a driver it says
      " ''Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer".

My pc has the following config: PC Dell Vostro 430 MT. Intel Core i5 750 2,66ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB, Nvidia Geforce GT220 1GB.

Ive tried formatting and reinstalling Windows 7 again and I still have that missing adapter.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or what can cause the problem? Thank you

• 1. Re: Network Adapter Problem
          vlastyr

Found the answer for this myself. If anyone wants to know what to do in case they get that error, you probably havent installed the proper driver for the controller.

Its is going to work when you find the right one. In my case the driver was a Broadcom found on Dell's website.