3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2017 6:23 PM by Intel Corporation

Model STK1A32SC. We can not install windows 10.

faa.mail

Good afternoon. Model STK1A32SC. We can not install windows 10, in bios on F10 does not see the boot file. USB flash drive from the list of compatible, bios updated from it. The boot file on the normal computer is started. What is the problem?

Сообщение отредактировано: Алексей Филатов

• 1. Re: Model STK1A32SC. We can not install windows 10.
          Repeat%20Offender

This same question came up a couple of days ago Am I able to install a version on linux on the no OS BLK STK1A32SC stick? so I just now checked my advice on my own STK1AW32SC and found it valid! My diagnosis is that you are choosing the wrong operating system under the <F2> boot menu. I have a Windows 10 x64 USB boot drive and if I go to the <F2> BIOS setup menu at bootup, navigate to the Configuration menu and then Select Operating System, if I choose Windows 64 bits, then <F10> to save changes and finally Y (is that Д for you?) to confirm, then at the <F10> boot menu I can see the USB boot drive. However, if I were to select instead Windows 32 bits or Android, then the boot drive is invisible at the <F10> menu. Thus I suspect that you want to install Windows 10 x64 but the BIOS default is Windows 10 x86, so you should change the OS that your Compute Stick tries to boot to from the <F2> menu.

• 2. Re: Model STK1A32SC. We can not install windows 10.
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to for the suggestion provided above.

To :

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® compute stick communities.

Besides checking the OS option in the BIOS, even though you mentioned the USB bootable device worked on a normal computer, still, there could be a problem with it, so as an option, if you have the Windows® 10 installation disc, then you can try to create the ISO image from it and then make it bootable:

On the following link you will find the steps to create an ISO image from the disc, this is just a suggestion since there are many different ways to do it:

https://www.howtogeek.com/228886/how-to-create-iso-files-from-discs-on-windows-mac-and-linux/

And on the link below you will find a tool that is used by many peers to create a USB bootable device, as stated above, there are many tools to that:

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Please provide the results of trying the steps above.

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Any further questions please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 3. Re: Model STK1A32SC. We can not install windows 10.
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
              Alberto