Beginner

is there any solution about this issue?

I haven't seen any feedback from intel.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello csunny95:

In regard to your inquiry, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently doing a research o this matter, as soon as I get any updates or a possible resolution to fix this problem I will post all the details on the following thread:

/thread/110728 https://communities.intel.com/thread/110728

Additionally if you provide the information that we requested on that thread, I will include it on the report that we are currently using to do the research.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello csunny95:

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you have further questions about this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
LChow1
Beginner

No, I have read through the post, but there are still no solution for this problem.

Can you provide any solution which can address the problem?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello csunny95:

Thank you very much for your response.

To answer your question, the case is still under investigation, we are still working on it in order to try to find a possible fix for this situation.

Please keep checking the thread I provided previously, since once we get a possible resolution you will be able to see it there.

Any questions, please let us know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello csunny95:

I just wanted to let you know that Intel is still working on this matter in order to try to find a possible solution for this problem.

Please keep checking the thread above.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
MWood5
Beginner

What is the status with this investigation? Can you tell us anything? Suspected cause? Workaround? Chances of there actually being a fix at all?

I am about to build a new system and was just about to order an i7 7700k before finding out about this issue. Clearly I'm not going to invest in a component that may be deeply flawed and from the behaviour I have seen described online it certainly has an issue. There are threads open on this site describing this issue that date back as far as mid february and still no proper response from intel by late May?

Is it a manufacturing batch thing? Are there settings (BIOS etc) that can at least mitigate and control the behaviour? Whats going on here?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

somethingbrite: In regard to your inquiry, you can see the official statement on the link above, on post # 549:

"We appreciate the feedback you have provided, and your patience as we investigated this behavior. The reported behavior of the 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor, showing momentary temperature changes from the idle temperature, is normal while completing a task (like opening a browser or an application or a program).

In our internal investigation, we did not observe temperature variation outside of the expected behavior and recommended specifications. For processor specifications, please refer:

https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

Most motherboard manufacturers offer customizable fan speed control settings that may allow for smoother transition of fan revolutions per minute (rpm). Please consult your motherboard manufacturer's manual or website for instructions on how to change default fan speed control settings.

We do not recommend running outside the processor specifications, such as by exceeding processor frequency or voltage specifications, or removing of the integrated heat spreader (sometimes called "de-lidding"). These actions will void the processor warranty."

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos