Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

screen turns off- and on if PSR is enabled

MJürg
Beginner

I have the problem that if Panel Self Refresh (PSR) is enabled in the Intel driver settings, which is the default setting, my panel switches off- and on every few seconds (when not using the computer). When PSR is disabled, the issue does not appear. Nevertheless, I would like to use PSR to have a higher battery life, so the issue should be fixed. I already swapped the display without success.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

If PSR is enabled, panel turns off- and on every few seconds

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):

If PSR is enabled

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Dell Latitude E7450

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP B140HAN01.1 1A

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

internal eDP connection

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

<...
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello pirast,

Thank you for joining the Graphics community.

From your description I noticed that you have an Intel® HD Graphics version that cannot be found from our end, this probably because that version is the one that your computer manufacturer provided. So, at this stage I would like to check if this behavior also happens when using one of our drivers. Please try installing the latest version from our end which is; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]. In order to ensure the installation use this method; http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows.... And one more thing, use the method below to uninstall the current driver version installed;

Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method;

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Find the Intel Graphics Driver.
  3. Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  4. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  5. Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

I would also like to share with you that I followed the steps in your video with a Dell XSP 15 9530 but the issue did not occur, the screen stayed on during the test.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

pirast, were you able to follow my suggestion?

Please let me know the results.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos