Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

GMA 500 in Acer Aspire One Windows 7 driver still works under latest windows 10 update

CChan86
Beginner

This entry is to confirm Intel GMA 500 in Acer Aspire One Windows 7 driver still works under latest windows 10 update

windows 10 has updated Acer Aspire One A0751h-52Yr today to 1607 (KB4010250) (today is 08-March-2017)

I was fed up with the restricted screen size of the windows 10 built in driver, and researched (on this site) for a solution.

This Solution worked first time, I now have 1366x 768, even the colours look better.

I found "GMA 500 is not compatible ......etc." but it is locked for me to enter this update.

The instructions there are : Thanks to Techpotato.

Answer 11.

Techpotato 06-Apr-2016 17:27 (in response to Arieljd)

I know this thread is old, but it is the highest ranked on Google for the Intel GMA 500, so I figured that if I replied here it might help people.

There is a generic GMA 500 driver from Intel for 32 bit Windows 7 that has worked for me on netbooks under Windows 10:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19155

Unzip it onto a memory stick and plug it in.

On the Windows 10 target machine:

1.Right-click on the start icon and choose "Device Manager"

2.Expand "Display Adapters" and right-click on the generic display device

3.Select "Update Driver Software..."

4.Select "->Browse my computer for driver software"

5.Click the [Browse] button; select the folder containing the extracted files

6.Click the [Next] button

7.Wait (it is probably an under-powered netbook, after all).

This driver actually worked better on Windows 10 than the OEM driver (Fujitsu) worked on Windows 7.

Thank for reading

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello CellZapper,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

We appreciate the time you took to test; this feedback will for sure help other peers in the community.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos