Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Does HD 4000 cope with HDMI 1.2 port to get Full HD resolution (1920x1080, 60Hz)?

BJin2
Beginner

I have an old laptop which has i5-3317U (HD 4000), HDMI v1.2 and 8G ram, so I am going to try to connect full HD monitor via HDMI port. As I know, HD 4000 graphics supports full HD resolution, but I am not sure HDMI v1.2 is gonna cope with it. Could I get the resolution via HD 4000 + HDMI v1.2?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello HD4000_HDMI1.2,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

In this case, as you mentioned, the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 does support the resolution in question, your inquiry is more related to the HDMI specifications other than the graphics controller capabilities.

Please check the following link with information regarding different HDMI revisions and their specifications:

http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-formats/understanding-difference-hdmi-versions Understanding the Different HDMI Versions (1.0 to 2.0)

It is important to mention that since you have an OEM product, you may want to contact the system manufacturer as the resolutions available on each video port are limited by the computer manufacturer.

You can also check the following thread for further information:

/thread/112111 Can The HD 4000 support 3440*1440 resolution via /thread/112111 dp/thread/112111 1.1 or HDMI 1.4?

Hope this information helps.

Please don't hesitate in replying to this post if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello HD4000_HDMI1.2,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

In this case, as you mentioned, the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 does support the resolution in question, your inquiry is more related to the HDMI specifications other than the graphics controller capabilities.

Please check the following link with information regarding different HDMI revisions and their specifications:

http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-formats/understanding-difference-hdmi-versions Understanding the Different HDMI Versions (1.0 to 2.0)

It is important to mention that since you have an OEM product, you may want to contact the system manufacturer as the resolutions available on each video port are limited by the computer manufacturer.

You can also check the following thread for further information:

/thread/112111 Can The HD 4000 support 3440*1440 resolution via /thread/112111 dp/thread/112111 1.1 or HDMI 1.4?

Hope this information helps.

Please don't hesitate in replying to this post if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos