4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 6:32 AM by vilvo

bitbake intel-aero-image

beej

first thing to do when developing on aero is to bitbake the image. it is unfortunate that the standard image (with no modifications) fails bitbake! really this is basic stuff and it should not be this way! i had many fetch errors along the way, which i managed to solve by downloading the packages manually and pointing the bb configurations to the local files. had the same issue as Build intel aero image with mono , my workaround was to fetch the zip file from pymavlink 2.0.6 : Python Package Index  manually and fed that to the bb. now more issues, this time with mavlink-router patch. i get this error:

ERROR: mavlink-router-0.1-r0 do_patch: Command Error: 'quilt --quiltrc /home/xx/intel_aero/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/etc/quiltrc push' exited with 1  Output:

Applying patch 0001-Fix-Yocto-build.patch

patching file Makefile.am

Hunk #1 FAILED at 20.

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file Makefile.am

patching file configure.ac

Patch 0001-Fix-Yocto-build.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

ERROR: mavlink-router-0.1-r0 do_patch: Function failed: patch_do_patch

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/xx/intel_aero/poky/build/tmp/work/core2-64-poky-linux/mavlink-router/0.1-r0/temp/log.do_patch.28883

ERROR: Task 515 (/home/xx/intel_aero/poky/meta-intel-aero/recipes-support/mavlink-router/mavlink-router_0.1.bb, do_patch) failed with exit code '1'

some help please!

• 1. Re: bitbake intel-aero-image
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Beej,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are aware of this issue, and I just want to let you know that we are working on this to fix it. We will contact you when we have updates.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
          Leonardo R.

• 2. Re: bitbake intel-aero-image
            vilvo

Beej,

The issue with the default manifest in pymavlink was fixed Fix the build break with pymavlink · intel-aero/intel-aero-manifest@69c1837 · GitHub

I've tested both manifests (default and dev) at Dashboard [Jenkins] and they succeed.

• 3. Re: bitbake intel-aero-image
              beej

Hi Ville,

Thank you for fixing that.

We did a fresh compiling with the latest version in github. pymavlink and mavlink rounter passed compiling.

For pymavlink, the changes are the same with what we did. 

For mavlink router, in the previous version if manifests, there was a patch file. The error was that the patch was for an old version of the Makefile.am and configure.ac. What we get from git are latest version of those two files, so patch file didn't match. We manually changed the patch file (mostly line numbers). It passed compiling with the previous version of manifests. In the latest version manifests, we can see now that the patch file got removed and changes were done in the .bb file, and the changes are different with the previous patch file. Not sure if it will get the same result as the patch. Hope it will. Anyway, doing a patch is a less preferred way. Thank you for removing that.

We still couldn't fetch the package "mesa-2_11.1.1", so had to manually download it and add the path of the local file in the .bb file.

• 4. Re: bitbake intel-aero-image
                vilvo

Thanks @beej,

I appreciate your input. pymavlink failed to download from upstream URL and that was fixed. The patch you refer is not needed anymore.

I checked the 'mesa-2_11.1.1" from aero-build-release #2 Console [Jenkins] and it shows no errors.
                If you find problems with the recipe itself, please file an issue to Issues · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero · GitHub 
                Provide as much bitbake logging information as required to see the problem - please refer to Bitbake Cheat Sheet - eLinux.org  for logging levels.