6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 5:13 AM by JernejH

Transfer incomplete for sketch, Galileo gen 2

JernejH

Hi, everyone.

Hopefully, someone can help me with my problem. I am using Galileo image iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-galileo-20160606. I have Galileo gen 2 with firmware updated to 1.10.0. However, whenever I try to upload the sketch, I get an error that Galileo login failed. I am working with a blink.ino example. I attached entire output I get from Arduino ide running on my Linux machine. I am thinking maybe my SD card image is not working or I need to some additional settings in the IDE.

I followed this instruction IoT - Installing the Arduino* IDE | Intel® Software

I also tried in Windows environment, but the sketch freezes at the same point, this is at deleting the old sketch.

I tried a different image. Error changed, but the sketch is still not transferred to the board (see arduino_ide_report_2.txt).

Any suggestions, what could I do to fix my problem?

Kind regards

Jernej

Message was edited by: Jernej Hribar, Spelling corrections. I was tired when I posted the original message.

• 1. Re: Transfer incomplete for sketch, Galileo gen 2
          JernejH

Hi, everyone.

Today I tried to upload the Blink.ino example to the Galileo running without SD card image. I have the same problem as when I am running Galileo with an image from SD card. Please, someone, correct me if I am wrong but in the case when Galileo runs image saved on the board the Arduino sketches should work, right? The only difference is, the sketch can't persist if Galileo is rebooted.

I attached the report from Arduino Ide.

Kind regards

Jernej

• 2. Re: Transfer incomplete for sketch, Galileo gen 2
            FGT

Hi Jernej,

JernejH wrote:

...Please, someone, correct me if I am wrong but in the case when Galileo runs image saved on the board the Arduino sketches should work, right? The only difference is, the sketch can't persist if Galileo is rebooted.

Jernej

You are right: the sketch should work with or without the SD, and without the SD the sketch is not persistent, i.e. it is lost once the Intel Galileo is turned off.

About your problem: please send the image of your Device Manager (in a windows environment) before and after you plug in your Intel Galileo (already turned on).

Please send the "Tools" menu, so that we can see the "Board" and "Port" selections.

Fernando.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Transfer incomplete for sketch, Galileo gen 2
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Jernej,

Thanks for reaching out!

Did you make sure to install Galileo's drivers? I believe you do since you were able to update the board's firmware, however, I would like to make sure.

Also, can you show us how you are setting up the Arduino IDE in order to upload a sketch to your Galileo? Please show us the Tools dropdown menu and (if on Windows) your Device Manager in the COM & LPT ports. If on Linux, open a terminal and enter the command ls /dev.

Let me know.
              Pedro M.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Transfer incomplete for sketch, Galileo gen 2
                JernejH

Hello, Pedro and Fernando.

Thank you for your comments. I think I found out what is the problem in my Windows environment. I am using Windows 7, and for some reason, after I updated the firmware the Windows driver is no longer valid. Luckily, I have few Galileos, which I haven't upgraded yet. Please find attached a picture of my Windows recognizing Galileo with firmware version 1.0.2 and the other where Windows does not recognize Galileo with firmware version 1.10. Is there any driver for Windows 7 and Galileo with firmware version 1.10?

As for the error messages, it is caused because I am trying to program the board through Serial UART interface. In hindsight, this was not a very smart move, but I was misled by windows machine as after I updated firmware I could see only one port in the Arduino ide, which belongs to the serial interface.

Galileo1_0_2.jpg

Galileo1_1_0.jpg

Kind regards

Jernej

• 5. Re: Transfer incomplete for sketch, Galileo gen 2
                  FGT

Hi Jernej,

I think the problem in windows is similar to that reported at

CDC serial driver issue

Re: CDC Serial

Thus, it should be fixed following the same steps:

1. Right click on “CDC Serial” and choose Update Driver Software.
                  2. Choose the option “Browse my computer for driver software.”
                  3. In the next Window choose “Intel Corporation” under the Manufacturer column and “Galileo” (or maybe "Galileo Gen2"... it should be something like that in the list) under the Model column.
                  4. Click “Next “and then “Yes”

HTH,

Fernando.

PS: you have to upgrade tge firmware only once, i.e. if you already upgraded the firmware you do not need to upgrade it again.

• 6. Re: Transfer incomplete for sketch, Galileo gen 2
                    JernejH

Thank, you for the help. The sketches are now uploading it was a driver issue.