4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2017 8:58 AM by Intel Corporation

Is nuc7 limited RGB?

xoziq

I have an Nuc6i3syk and an LG OLED tv that works great with each other, so I bought an Nuc7i3bnk to get 4K.

But with the Nuc7 the oled doesn't display black anymore, it looks exactly like the Nuc6 when I set it to display limited RGB.

I don't think its an driver or OS problem because the black between the Nuc6 and Nuc7 is big already in the BIOS Setup screen.

//Xoziq

• 1. Re: Is nuc7 limited RGB?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

In regard to your inquiry, as you mentioned, since the problem is happening on the BIOS as well it does not seem to be related to drivers or operating system.

Could you please provide a picture for us to be able to see how the display looks like?

Which video port are you using?

In order to rule out a possible problem with the video cable, do you have the option to test it with a different cable?

The fact that the problem is happening with both NUCs indicates that the issue could be related to the TV itself.

If you check the settings on the TV, do you see if there is an option to reset to default values?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 2. Re: Is nuc7 limited RGB?
            xoziq

I can try to take som photos tomorrow.

But you misunderstood me, i only get the problem on the Nuc7 (but i can replicate it on the nuc6 if I set it to limited RGB in my OS).

I'm using HDMI port.

//Xoziq

• 3. Re: Is nuc7 limited RGB?
              xoziq

Found the problem!

My HDMI cable did only support 4096 x 2160 @ 24Hz.

So with a new cable that support 60Hz it was all good.

//Xoziq

• 4. Re: Is nuc7 limited RGB?
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

First of all, I am sorry if I misunderstood your inquiry, let me apologize for that, I did understand that the problem was happening on the NUC6 when you set it to display limited RGB, but I thought that the problem on it persisted even if you disable that setting.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem was resolved and now the NUC is working properly, and yes, there are HDMI cables that came with some limitations, that is why we recommend when it is possible to test it with different video cables.

We are really glad to hear the problem was resolved.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto