3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2017 12:31 PM by Intel Corporation

5 GHz AP with Intel Edison

nilson

Hello all,

I have a question regarding 5 GHz AP mode for Intel Edison. I use the Yocto source "iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606" from Intel.

Is there any other possibility to configure the regulatory domain then using CRDA (It is not possible to build CRDA with the given Yocto sources from above see Building CRDA package in Yocto Image  for more information) or compiling a new kernel for every country?

In which file is the standard regulatory domain set? Or is it hard coded to the kernel? Only setting the regulatory domain in hostapd.conf is not enough.

Best

Nils

• 1. Re: 5 GHz AP with Intel Edison
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi nilson,

Thank you for contacting us. The CRDA information, as you stated, seems to be hardcoded into the kernel. Just by looking at iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606 we couldn’t find any information that would allow to configure the regulatory domain. Building an image with the necessary packages seems the best way to approach this problem. I looked at the thread you mentioned https://communities.intel.com/thread/111535 and noticed you didn’t continue with troubleshooting. I’d recommend you to answer the questions you were asked in that thread, so we know more about how you build the image. This will help us have an idea of what went wrong and help us provide a suggestion.

Regards,
          -Sergio A

• 2. Re: 5 GHz AP with Intel Edison
            nilson

Hello Sergio A,

Thank you for your reply. I added the host machine setting to the threads.

I started the build process with fresh sources (iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606) again, to give a detailed description how I build the image. Unfortunately the sources don’t build any longer. See thread Building iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606 does not work .

At the moment I search for new sources that work or a simple patch.

Do you have any idea?

Best

Nils

• 3. Re: 5 GHz AP with Intel Edison
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi

Thank you for your reply. We already saw the reply with the steps you followed for the build. We’ll start working on that case and post a suggestion for you soon. Since this question is closely related to the one in your other thread, we’ll continue to help you here: https://communities.intel.com/thread/111630 , to avoid having multiple threads with the same question and to avoid confusion.

Thank you for your understanding.

-Sergio A

1 of 1 people found this helpful