2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2017 12:32 PM by Intel Corporation

Custom image Ubilinux

Sharpee

Hello everyone,

I'm an intern here at a security company and they want me to make a custom image of their Ubilinux OS to make it easier to install all of the Edison's they are planning to use.

So far I've already customized the whole OS but I have no clue about how to make this into a custom ISO.

I've found something called remastersys, only I think this is aged and I'm not able to install it to the distro for some reason...

Could anyone provide me some hints or guides on how to create a custom image? I'm not able to find anything by googling so I figured the forums of intel should be a good place to go to next!

I hope someone can help me, you have my thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Sharpee

• 1. Re: Custom image Ubilinux
          Closet_Rambo

Hello Sharpee,

UbiLinux was made by others so they probably won't be able to help you here.

I don't think the Edison can boot like a PC where ISOimage can be read and booted.

There is no PC BIOS so we are in a U-boot environment ... or is it DFU?

Yocto is a great looking way to make a custom Linux bootable image for the Edison.

• 2. Re: Custom image Ubilinux
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Sharpee,

Thanks for reaching out!

Ubilinux is not supported on this community as it was developed by a third party company called Emutex. They own the support of Ubilinux, so, you might be able to get more information about how to modify that OS if you contact them directly. You can contact them in https://emutex.com/about-us/contact-us.

If you'd like to use our official OS, Yocto, we would be more than glad to help you in any way we can. Image modifications are not supported by us, nevertheless, we do our best effort to answer your questions. Besides, there is a lot of official documentation provided by Yocto project. In case you are interested in this OS and learning how to modify it, I'd suggest you to start by reading Yocto's Mega Manual: http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7.3/mega-manual/mega-manual.html.

I hope this information helps you,
            Pedro M.