Items with no label
3335 Discussions

recognitionModuleData.QueryDatabaseBuffer(buffer) return null

blakm
Beginner

hi everyone,

I'm trying to get recognition data to file using byte[].

But every time i execute this recognitionModuleData.QueryDatabaseBuffer(buffer) , buffer is getting null.

please help me to fix this.

I'm using SR300 depth camera.

thanks

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Others in the past have experienced this problem. There are functions related to face recognition database creation that are in the documentation but not in the SDK. This was because they were in a test version of the SDK and were removed from the final release. The issue was first documented in the 2016 R1 SDK.

I recommend following the advice above, to look through your script for these 'CreateStorage' and 'UseStorage' lines. If they are present, put two forward slashes - // - at the start of these lines to turn them into comments that the SDK will ignore when running the script.

blakm
Beginner

thanks MartyG ,

Thanks for your attention,

i have done it..my problem is this.

PXCMFaceData.RecognitionModuleData recognitionModuleData = faceData.QueryRecognitionModule();

Int32 nBytes = recognitionModuleData.QueryDatabaseSize();

Byte[] buffer = new Byte[nBytes];

// Retrieve the database buffer

recognitionModuleData.QueryDatabaseBuffer(buffer);

Console.WriteLine("buffer size >> "+nBytes); // this wil display some value

Console.WriteLine("buffer >> " + buffer); // this always display System.Byte[]

// Save the buffer to a file

File.WriteAllBytes(DatabaseFilename,buffer);

Im always getting that System.Byte[] because buffer getting null .

How do i fix that.

I just want to use the same recognition database continuously .

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This sample script has caused problems for a lot of people. It seems to have defeated every single person who has tried to fix it. And RealSense face recognition databases are notoriously hard to create and debug as it is.

It is said that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing repeatedly and hoping for a different result. I am usually the very last person to give up on a challenge, but I suspect that your life will be happier if you just drop this script and program something else. Sorry I can't be of more help than that!

0 Kudos
blakm
Beginner

Thanks MartyG

Thanks for your time..

Hope Intel will figure this thing soon..

0 Kudos
XShao
Novice

Hi,lakmal_mabm,

Did you solve the problem?I have the same problem.If so how?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Someone else was asking about face recognition databases this weekend, so I will point you to that discussion in case there is something in it that helps you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi guys,

Just to update this thread, I have been investigating about this issue and I found that it is a known issue that our engineering team is aware of. However, at this time there is no fix for it.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

XShao
Novice

Thanks Yermi A.

This information is really helpful.Hope to give a solution as soon as possible.I think a lot of developers are waiting......

Many thanks.

idata
Employee

Hello,

Any updates for this issue?

After try looking around about Face Recognition, we found some issues:

- We update the SDK and found the documentation was not matches with the Library. Especially in DatabaseBuffer, SetDatabaseBuffer, QueryDatabaseBuffer section

- When load the written database buffer, FPS become droped around 9 FPS and never recognize registered face.

- If we only register 1 face data, It still can recognize other unregistered face (miss recognizing). about 90% of probability

hope this can help your team to fix the issues and improve quality.

note :

We use SR300 camera,

SDK version 11.0.28

Thank you,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nur,

Yes, I actually received an update from the Intel RealSense development team. They confirmed that this is indeed a known issue, but unfortunately, there is no plan to fix it.

I also found that in the http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/9560/release_notes_RealSense_SDK_2016_Face_Detection_v11.0.pdf Intel® RealSenseTM SDK Face Detection & Tracking for Windows* Release (pages 3 and 4), the Face recognition is an alpha feature, so it may or may not work as expected.

My apologies for any inconvenience it may cause.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for quick response,

Hope we will receive good news soon.

Best Regards,

Nur

0 Kudos
JVale9
Beginner

Hi Yermi,

Any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Jayson

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Hi Jayson,

It is true that the null problem is a known issue. Also, development has ceased on the Windows version of the RealSense face module, so a fix is very unlikely to be coming from Intel, unfortunately.

The null issue - which seems to be related to the format that face data is saved in - was investigated in a previous discussion that may be helpful to you.

0 Kudos