Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel®HDGraphics4200 driver 20.19.15.4568 fails on Surface Pro3

FDime
Beginner

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have a problem installing the diver of my Intel®HDGraphics4200 on my Surface Pro3. The currently installed driver is the generic driver from Windows. The Intel driver 20.19.15.4568 continuously fails to install correctly. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling manually or automatically several times but to no avail. Can you kindly indicate how I could resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello fransinu,

Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities.

The Intel software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide which contain fixes specific to the OEM hardware the driver is intended for. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

I found the following updates for your device:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38826 Surface Pro 3

I recommend downloading and installing all available updates from the OEM.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
FDime
Beginner

Dear Juan,

I downloaded and installed all updates but the problem persists. I also tried to reinstall the Intel drivers that is automatically located by Win 10 but installation continues to fail. This is very frustrating as I cannot benefit from the potential of the Intel video card.

I appreciate if you could kindly indicate how I could resolve this problem

Many thanks

Best regards

Fransinu

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fransinu,

The last recommendation I have is to http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

If the problem persists, I would recommend contacting Microsoft for support as they are the system manufacturer and will be able to give further assistance on their product.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fransinu,

I was reviewing this thread and I was wondering if you were able to contact the system manufacturer.

Please don't hesitate in contacting us back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos