5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 2:31 PM by Intel Corporation

mcusdk: Create project failed: 9

APetrov

This is what I get as an error when I try to create a new project. I click the finish button and

the progress bar goes a little bit and then this comes out:

Create project failed: 9

java.lang.Exception: Create project failed: 9

at com.intel.mdt.ui.wizards.NewMcuProjectWizard.createProject(NewMcuProjectWizard.java:196)

at com.intel.mdt.ui.wizards.NewMcuProjectWizard.access$000(NewMcuProjectWizard.java:52)

at com.intel.mdt.ui.wizards.NewMcuProjectWizard$1.run(NewMcuProjectWizard.java:111)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

My system is Windows 7 x64. I have followed all the instructions at: Installing the MCU SDK | Intel® Software . My Path variables

are also set as described, if they weren't Eclipse wouldn't have started in the first place. I also have the jre7u75

version. I have also read the threads: mcusdk: "Create project failed: 9" workaround?  and Create MCU new project failed .

The interesting part is that dependent on whether I put the project in an existing folder or if I try to create e new one in the project wizard

I get the error code 9 or 1. Another thing is I tried to put the project in a existing folder with other files there. The result was that Eclipse deleted

everything that was in the folder including the folder. Why is this even possible!? I've spent hours recovering the deleted information.

I would appreciate all kinds of help.

• 1. Re: mcusdk: Create project failed: 9
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Petrov,

I’m following the process myself, I don’t have a Windows 7 computer but I’m working on Windows 8, hopefully our results will be similar. One of the first steps (the 2nd step from Installing the MCU SDK on a Windows system) mentions that “the folder where you extract the SDK is also the installation folder. Do not select a location that has spaces in the folder path name, such as Program Files or My Documents”, so please check that this is not your case.
          Also, on step 11 from the same section, I would like to know if you received the message about the ‘ini’ file being from a newer version of setuo-x86.exe. Was this the case? If so, did you cancel the installation and proceeded to download the latest setup file?
          One last suggestion (this was suggested in the other thread too), be sure to run all the installation process as administrator whenever is necessary.  
          We’ll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
          -Pablo

• 2. Re: mcusdk: Create project failed: 9
            APetrov

Hello Pablo,

I do not think the installation directory should be a problem, directory path: D:\Programs\MCU_SDK_intel. I did get the message about the 'ini' file and I did cancel the installation, downloaded the latest setup file and then continued the installation. I am the administrator of my PC so I ran all the installations as such.
            I am also concerned about the bug which occurred after receiving the error code 9. The Eclipse environment deleted all my files in the given directory. This was about 120 GB of data... I spent 4 hours restoring all those files. I wonder how is it even possible that Eclipse could do that to my system.

Best regards,

Alex

• 3. Re: mcusdk: Create project failed: 9
              Intel Corporation

Hi Petrov,

Looking at the requirements to install Intel System Studio, I noticed the following “Your host system must have Windows 8 or later”. It is possible that this is avoiding you to create a project successfully given you’re currently using Windows 7. However, I don’t think this is causing your other issue, Eclipse nor the System Studio suite should delete any files.
              I would like to investigate this issue a little bit more, I’ll provide updates as soon as possible.

Regards,
              -Pablo

• 4. Re: mcusdk: Create project failed: 9
                Intel Corporation

Hi Petrov,

We were able to reproduce the error message too, and (unfortunately for us) we were also able to reproduce the issue with the deleted files in the directory chosen, and all the files in our computer’s Desktop were deleted. Anyhow, we were able to fix it: apparently, this is an unexpected behavior of Eclipse, so make sure you’re changing any ‘\’ to ‘/’, or just use the default location.
                For some reason, the path syntax gets messed up and appears like the following C:\Users\user\workspace\test, instead of C:/Users/user/workspace/test. Hope this information helps you avoid the issue.

Regards,
                -Pablo

• 5. Re: mcusdk: Create project failed: 9
                  Intel Corporation

Hi Petrov, 

We just want to let you know that if you have any other question regarding your Intel Edison board you can always open a new thread, we'll be glad to help you.

Pablo M.