8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2017 6:03 PM by AA_Anonymous

NUC6i7KYK Fan always on upon shut down! Help ~ Problem with the HDMI??

Will_L

Recently bought the Skull Canyon Nuc and went through the Windows 10 install /drivers/bios/firmware updates...

After the whole process discovered that after "shut-down" the fan will turn on itself very very high and persists,

but on a restart and the NUC is powered on the fan spins low and quiet, only on high loads do the fan kick in a bit but never full blown like when its shut down.

I tried windows 10 recovery/ another clean windows 10 install/update BIOS again/ re-installation of every single drivers but to no avail trying to figure out the problem.

Until once I unplugged the HDMI cable while the NUC was shut-down the fan stops! Must be a bad update on the HDMI 2.0 Firmware???

~ I messed up updating the HDMI 2.0 firmware on a non Device (Dell U2414H) and crashed, and only after did I do a proper HDMI 2.0 update on a compatible device, thinking it'll be fine.

Firmware updated with a 2.0 HDMI connected device (Samsung 6 series 4K TV), while remaining plugged to the TV the NUC shuts down perfectly with no fan activation.

But once booting in or shutting down while connected to a non HDMI 2.0 Device (Dell U2414H) the fan issue starts again and will become persistent until another update of the 2.0 firmware is done.

HELP!! how do I fix this and is the HDMI firmware issue or do I actually have a faulty unit.