2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2017 2:44 PM by Intel Corporation Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Joule Bios

floydg

Jose,

regarding: "Is the BIOS source available?"

I have not seen any adequate response from you/Intel to ericengineer's original question. Am I missing something?

If so, please enlighten us. Thanks in advance.

Also which links are you referencing above? Did you find any links? If so please provide to community.

1. Intel EEPROM Configuration Tool (Where is it, and or when will it be available)
      2. How is the BIOS source built
      3. How do you change the BIOS settings for GPIO, ...
      4. What is the memory map in the BIOS EEPROM
      5. Is there an area of the EEPROM which can be used for user space?
      6. Multi Pin routing specifications
      7. modifying ISH_GPIO[0-6]: default currently input
      8. During BIOS execution ISH_GPIO1 - ISH-GPIO3 are configured as outputs and change state to indicate BIOS progression. Need to inhibit this power on condition/issue.

Thanks again for providing any additional details.

• 1. Re: Joule Bios
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi floydg,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Joule Platform.

We will investigate more about all your concerns and get back to you as soon as we have some useful information.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,
          -Jose P.

• 2. Re: Joule Bios
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi floydg,

I appreciate your patience.

Once again, we appreciate your interest in the BIOS options for the compute module.

Although you had very specific questions, I'm afraid that these are the only details that we are able to provide at the moment.

Implementation of platform security features prevents sharing the BIOS code and build method.

The EEPROM on the expansion board is an optional device that is intended to hold expansion board metadata such as board serial numbers and date codes. The EEPROM is not intended for user space data.

A BIOS build that can inhibit the progression LEDs and a tool that will enable modification of certain interface pins and functions is currently being evaluated for release.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
            -Jose P.