13 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2010 9:27 AM by mark_h_@intel

intel pro/1000 pt full driver

golana

hello

i have server x3550 with onboard netwrok card and one more external card

the name of the network card : intel pro/1000 pt dual port server adapter with windows 2003 server 32 bit

when i try to configure the adapter with adavanced option its unavilable (speed)

can you please send me the full driver/software

thanks golan

hello

i have server x3550 with onboard netwrok card and one more external card

the name of the network card : intel pro/1000 pt dual port server adapter with windows 2003 server 32 bit

when i try to configure the adapter with adavanced option its unavilable (speed)

can you please send me the full driver/software

thanks golan

• 1. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
          mark_h_@intel

The speed and duplex options should be available in the advanced properties. Network Adapter Drivers for Windows Server 2003* has the latest drivers and software for your adapter. Download PROWin32.exe for 32-bit editions of Windows Server 2003.

• 2. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
            golana

good morning

i intalled the driver but no proset software was installed ?

i can not see the option to change the speed on my adapter

do you have any answer ?

golan    

good morning

i intalled the driver but no proset software was installed ?

i can not see the option to change the speed on my adapter

do you have any answer ?

golan   

• 3. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
              mashime

If you installed Proset software, it will appear in the property of the adapter in Device Manager.

Go to Device Manager-> click on your adapter, do a right click on the adapter then click on property

There is a tab call Link Speed (if I remembered it correctly),  speed setting  can be found there

hope this helps

• 4. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
                golana

i know where to find it

but the problem is it not there

the WHY question

• 5. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
                  mark_h_@intel

Are you missing some of the tabs in Windows device manager? What tabs do you see in the adapter properties?

Do you need the advanced networking services and PROSet for teaming or VLANs? If you do not need those services, you could use a driver only installation. The speed and duplex settings should show up in the advanced tab if PROSet is not installed

If you are missing all the tabs added by PROSet, make sure WMI service is running on your server. The provider that adds the tabs needs the WMI service.

I hope this helps.

Mark

• 6. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
                    Titioz

Hello,

Me too, I installed the latest version of Network Adapter Drivers for Windows Seven (with ProSet 15.1.1) and there is no tabs added by PROSet.

For your information :

- in WMI : namespace "Root\IntelNCS2" is created but, for example, there is no adapter found in "IANet_PhysicalEthernetAdapter" ! ! !

- old driver with ProSet 15.0 works fine, I have all tabs.

Titioz

• 7. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
                      Titioz

I try new Ethernet drivers 15.2 and I have the same problem : I have  no tabs added by ProSET !

Do you have a solution ?

• 8. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
                        mashime

Did you try double check if the "Advance Networking Services" options was checked when you install the driveer??

• 9. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
                          Titioz

Yes, it's check.

As I said, it works fine with ethernet drivers 15.0 !

• 10. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
                            talk2atree

Are there any plans on fixing the issue? Or do we have to keep finding the older drivers ?

I ended up at this page after wasting a bunch of time trying to figure this out.

Thanks,

• 11. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
                              mark_h_@intel

Here is an update to the "missing tabs" issue.

No known bugs exist in recent software versions that cause tabs to be missing.

I worked with Titioz and we narrowed down the missing tabs to the drivers in VMware Workstation. The tabs do appear under Windows 7 when running independently of VMware Workstation. The VMware drivers are not the same as the drivers posted here, so there is always the possibility that later versions of our software will not be compatible with those drivers.

For anyone with missing tabs on VMware products, your best bet is to look for help from VMware or the VMware community. Trying an older software version might work. If you have a working combination, then my advice would be to leave the drivers and software as they are rather than upgrading.

I do not know how or if Golana solved the speed setting issue or if that issue is even related to the missing tabs. Maybe Golana has an update to post.

Sometimes tabs are not visible over a remote connection because of security permissions. Intel® PROSet for Device Manager tabs are not visible through terminal services has more information on this.

Sometimes tabs are missing because a service is being blocked. See Intel® PROSet configuration tabs are missing for more information on requirements for Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service.

In summary, there is no known bug causing missing tabs and  missing tabs can be caused by more than one thing.

I hope some of this information helps talk2atree and others resolve missing tabs issues.

If anyone has a solution for missing tabs that worked for them, please let the rest of us know. Thanks.

Mark H

• 12. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
                                talk2atree

By extracting the drivers, I was able to get the tabs to show up long enough to team the nics. These are physical boxes - IBM 3550 M2.

After teaming the interfaces and patching windows on 6 identical boxes, (4 with 64 bit EE server 2003 2 with 32 bit) the tabs have once again disappeared.

DEP is still enabled on the machines.

• 13. Re: intel pro/1000 pt full driver
                                  mark_h_@intel

Are you doing remote boot on the servers? Teaming of those ports is not allowed. Check out Re: Missing PRO/1000 PT Dual NIC Teaming with Server 2008 R2. The issue and resolution described there should not apply to the most recent versions of software, but I don't want to overlook anything.

Another possibility is something is blocking the service from adding the tabs. I can't think of any recent examples, but I can remember sometimes having problems with tabs being displayed that was caused by virtual adapters added by security software. You would have to remove your security software temporarily to test if that is the case. I can recall working with other products that had virtual NICs that the order you install software can affect the network operation.

I do not know why you are not seeing your tabs, but maybe some of this information will help you find the cause. Keep us posted on anything else you find out.

Mark H