5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 6:02 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC6I7KYK is losing HDMI audio output intermittently on Windows 10

AlekDavis

My NUC (which I use as HTPC server/client) is connected to a TV (Changhong 50" 1080p LED HDTV - LED50YC2000UA) via an HDMI cable. The TV is plugged into a VISIO sound stand (Vizio S2120w-e0 2.0) via a regular audio cable (not digital audio). It all works fine when the system boots up, but after it's not being used for extended time (say, a day or so when I turn the TV and sound stand off, I'm not sure exactly how long it takes), then the HDMI audio device (normally displayed as CHHWJT* Intel(R) Display Audio Default Device) is gone (i.e. it does not show up among the playback devices). The video signal still works fine, but I can only bring the HDMI audio back if I reboot the system. Once I reboot NUC, HDMI audio is back.

I ran the Intel Driver Update Utility and tried to update all modules that were recommended for an update. I could not update the chipset driver (the setup would complete the installation of 10.1.1.42, but after reboot the old version 10.1.1.38 would appear, tired to follow suggestions, but nothing helped). My CHHWJT Intel Display Driver version is 10.22.0.96 (this is the driver usd by HDMI audio). I also have Realtec ALC* Audio Driver for Intel NUC Kits 6.0.1.7982 installed but this one does not work with HDMI audio.

I noticed that people with similar issues got a recommendation to update TV firmware, but I cannot find firmware updates for my TV model. I'm not sure what I can do. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

P.S. I want to notice that I had the exact same setup with a seven-year-old Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (same TV, same sound stand, same Windows 10, same cables, same usage pattern), and I've never had this problem. The only change I made was a switch from Revo to NUC, so it must be a NUC issue.