1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2017 12:49 PM by Intel Corporation

Building CRDA package in Yocto Image

nilson

Hello,

I am trying to configure my Intel Edison for 5 Ghz AP mode using the hostapd service. It should work for multiple countries, so I will not compile the necessary country information to the kernel. I need the CRDA package to set the information while runtime.

I use the Yocto source "iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606" from Intel.

Then I added the relevant CRDA sources from layers.openembedded.org (meta-openembedded/meta-networking package).

I got the following Error:

ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /yocto/intel_edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/crda/3.18-r0/temp/log.do_compile.4323)
      ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /yocto/intel_edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/crda/3.18-r0/temp/log.do_compile.4323
      Log data follows:
      | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
      | NOTE: make -j 8 MAKEFLAGS= DESTDIR=/yocto/intel_edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/crda/3.18-r0/image LIBDIR=/usr/lib/crda LDLIBREG=-Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/crda -lreg USE_OPENSSL=1 all_noverify
      |   GEN  keys-ssl.c
      |   Trusted pubkeys: pubkeys/linville.key.pub.pem pubkeys/sforshee.key.pub.pem
      | Traceback (most recent call last):
      |   File "./utils/key2pub.py", line 5, in <module>
      |     from M2Crypto import RSA
      |   File "/yocto/intel_edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/__init__.py", line 24, in <module>
      |     import ASN1
      |   File "/yocto/intel_edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/ASN1.py", line 12, in <module>
      |     import BIO
      |   File "/yocto/intel_edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/BIO.py", line 221, in <module>
      |     class CipherStream(BIO):
      |   File "/yocto/intel_edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/BIO.py", line 227, in CipherStream
      |     SALT_LEN = m2.PKCS5_SALT_LEN
      | AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PKCS5_SALT_LEN'
      | Makefile:113: recipe for target 'keys-ssl.c' failed
      | make: *** [keys-ssl.c] Error 1
      | ERROR: oe_runmake failed
      | WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
      | ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /yocto/intel_edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/crda/3.18-r0/temp/log.do_compile.4323)
      ERROR: Task 1576 (/yocto/intel_edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/../poky/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-connectivity/crda/crda_3.18.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
      NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3987 tasks of which 3986 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
      No currently running tasks (3637 of 5724)

Summary: 1 task failed:
        /yocto/intel_edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/../poky/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-connectivity/crda/crda_3.18.bb, do_compile
      Summary: There were 8 WARNING messages shown.
      Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Can anyone help me finding the source of that problem?

Are there other ways to make 5 Ghz available for hostapd service?

Best

Nils

• 1. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Nils,

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you please provide us the steps you took when creating the image? We would like to follow the same steps and try to replicate the issue to see if we are able to provide you a useful suggestion.

Nevertheless, I must point out that modifications to the image are out of the support scope and are up to the users. However, we will do our best effort in order to help you and see if we can get rid of those errors.

We will be waiting for your response.
          Pedro M.

• 2. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
            nilson

Hello Pedro,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to follow up all steps from bottom up with the 20160606 Intel Image. Now I have new dependency problems. When I build the image from scratch it worked well.

This is the thread Building iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606 does not work .

I only added the necessary package for CRDA and added it to the image in conf/auto.conf (IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " crda"). I will give you more information on that when I am able to build the sources again.

Best

Nils

• 3. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
              Intel Corporation

I understand, I have replied to you there. Let's continue the discussion about this subject in there.

Regarding the CRDA, yes, please send us the information whenever you can. Specially, I would like to see the step by step process in order to verify that we are setting up the environment in the same way. Please include the OS you are using as host as it is known that some OSs cause issues on the building process if they are not compatible with the BSP.

Let me know.
              Pedro M.

• 4. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                nilson

Hello Pedro,

I use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with 4.4.0-63-generic Kernel as host machine for the build.

Best

Nils

• 5. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                  Intel Corporation

Hi Nils,

I'm currently running some tests trying to build a standard image. I will update you as soon as possible.

Pedro M.

• 6. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                    Intel Corporation

I managed to build the standard image after some troubleshooting. I do realize the following instructions are more complicated than it should be and I will make sure to report this to the appropriate team, as I understand how frustrating it can be to a new user that the official instructions provided with Edison's BSP do not work. However, in the meantime try the following and let me know. I believe I noted everything I required to do in order to build the image, but if you have any issues, let me know and I'll do my best to help you:

Download and unzip iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606.zip (http://iotdk.intel.com/src/3.5/edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606.zip).

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-distro/recipes-core/images/edison-image.bb  and comment or delete the following lines:

IMAGE_INSTALL += "iotkit-comm-js"
                    IMAGE_INSTALL += "iotkit-comm-c-dev"

Go to http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-java/commit/recipes-core/icedtea/openjdk-7-03b147/sigsegv.patchid=97f81e65843dd1e01c55cae528fd766dd13a265d

Download the patch and unzip it.

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-java/recipes-core/ant and delete the file called ant-native_1.8.1.bb, replace it with the file with the same name found in <path_to_downloaded_and_unzipped_patch>/meta-java-master/recipes-core/ant/.

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-java/recipes-core/icedtea/ and delete the file called icedtea7-native_2.1.3.bb, replace it with the file with the same name found in <path_to_downloaded_and_unzipped_patch>/meta-java-master/recipes-core/icedtea/.

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-java/recipes-core/icedtea/openjdk-7-03b147/ and delete the file fix-checksums.patch, replace it with the file with the same name found in <path_to_downloaded_and_unzipped_patch>/meta-java-master/recipes-core/icedtea/openjdk-7-03b147/.

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-intel-iot-devkit/recipes-connectivity/bacnet-stack and open the file called bacnet-stack_0.8.2.bb. Look for the line:

SRC_URI = "http://sourceforge.net/projects/bacnet/files/bacnet-stack/bacnet-stack-${PV}/bacnet-stack-${PV}.tgz \

And change it for:

SRC_URI = "https://svwh.dl.sourceforge.net/project/bacnet/bacnet-stack/bacnet-stack-0.8.2/bacnet-stack-0.8.2.tgz \

Then follow the usual steps:

cd iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/
                    source oe-init-build-env ../build_edison/
                    bitbake edison-image u-boot

../poky/meta-intel-edison/utils/flash/postBuild.sh .

zip -r toFlash.zip toFlash

Right now let's focus in trying to build the standard image, once we have done that we'll try to add the packages you require. Please let me know how it goes.

Pedro M.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                      SpiderKenny

I followed these instructions and the build progresses almost to the very end, where it fails with:

NOTE: Preparing runqueue

NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks

NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks

ERROR: Error executing a python function in /home/kenny/intel2016/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/../poky/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-bsp/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot_2014.04.bb:

The stack trace of python calls that resulted in this exception/failure was:

File: 'do_environment_mkimage', lineno: 47, function: <module>

0043:            os.symlink(target_bin, env_image)

0044:    return 0

0045:

0046:

*** 0047:do_environment_mkimage(d)

0048:

File: 'do_environment_mkimage', lineno: 43, function: do_environment_mkimage

0039:        if d.getVar('ENV_IFWI_TARGET_NAME',True) in target_bin :

0040:            # create a symbolic link on default binary file env file to

0041:            # avoid modifying to much osip part

0042:            print 'Create for IFWI stitching symlink %s to %s' % (env_image, target_bin)

*** 0043:            os.symlink(target_bin, env_image)

0044:    return 0

0045:

0046:

0047:do_environment_mkimage(d)

Exception: OSError: [Errno 17] File exists

ERROR: Function failed: do_environment_mkimage

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/kenny/intel2016/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/edison-poky-linux/u-boot/2014.04-1-r0/temp/log.do_environment_mkimage.12525

ERROR: Task 31 (/home/kenny/intel2016/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/../poky/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-bsp/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot_2014.04.bb, do_environment_mkimage) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4003 tasks of which 4001 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

I think it looks like it is trying to symlink a file into a location where the file already exists.

I am building on a Ubuntu 14.04 box.

Any suggestions?

• 8. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                        Intel Corporation

I've never seen an issue like this before. Usually the issues that occur on the building process are related to the fetching links and the md5sum numbers. In fact that is exactly what I was supposed to fix with the steps above. However, the error message you are getting is different and it looks like an issue of the PC when processing the image, as you mentioned. 

Nevertheless, we'll try to see if we can find out what might be happening. We’re also using Ubuntu 14.04, but you are on a virtual box, right? That is the only difference we’re able to notice, is it possible for you to test those steps on a regular install of Ubuntu? If so, please let us know if you still receive the same message.

Pedro M.

• 9. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                          SpiderKenny

It's a  dedicated server rather than a virtual box.

I'm not sure how my ISP builds their dedicated servers, so it may well be a virtual install.

I don't have another Ubuntu system I can use just now.

Here's some more that might be helpful:

kenny@IS-28868:~$

kenny@IS-28868:~$ uname -a

Linux IS-28868 3.13.0-49-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 10 20:11:33 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

kenny@IS-28868:~$ lscpu

Architecture:          x86_64

CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit

Byte Order:            Little Endian

CPU(s):                2

On-line CPU(s) list:   0,1

Thread(s) per core:    1

Core(s) per socket:    2

Socket(s):             1

NUMA node(s):          1

Vendor ID:             GenuineIntel

CPU family:            6

Model:                 15

Stepping:              6

CPU MHz:               1867.000

BogoMIPS:              3733.49

Virtualisation:        VT-x

L1d cache:             32K

L1i cache:             32K

L2 cache:              4096K

NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0,1

kenny@IS-28868:~$

• 10. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                            nilson

Hello Pedro,

after I where able to build the standard image with your provided steps from above I started again with a blank build environment. First I did all your modifications. Then I removed the meta-openembedded and I added the layer again from github.

• git clone -b dizzy git://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded

Then I build the image.

• bitbake -k edison-image u-boot

This failed at the first time with following error:

| Can't use 'defined(@array)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at /yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/gtk+/2.24.24-r0/build/demos/gtk-demo/geninclude.pl line 43.

| Makefile:1022: recipe for target 'demos.h' failed

| make[4]: *** [demos.h] Error 255

| make[4]: Leaving directory '/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/gtk+/2.24.24-r0/build/demos/gtk-demo'

| Makefile:663: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

| make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

| make[3]: Leaving directory '/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/gtk+/2.24.24-r0/build/demos'

| Makefile:541: recipe for target 'all' failed

| make[2]: *** [all] Error 2

| make[2]: Leaving directory '/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/gtk+/2.24.24-r0/build/demos'

| Makefile:716: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

| make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

| make[1]: Leaving directory '/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/gtk+/2.24.24-r0/build'

| Makefile:607: recipe for target 'all' failed

| make: *** [all] Error 2

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/gtk+/2.24.24-r0/temp/log.do_compile.12944)

ERROR: Task 3185 (/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/../poky/meta/recipes-gnome/gtk+/gtk+_2.24.24.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

Then I did bitbake edison-image u-boot to stop on first error. But the error did not appear again and the image build successfully.

After this image worked on Intel Edison I added support for CRDA.

I modified the file located in build_edison/conf/auto.conf. I added crda.

• IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " crda"

Then I build the image again.

• bitbake edison-image u-boot

I get the following error:

WARNING: Checksum failure encountered with download of http://wireless.kernel.org/download/crda/crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2;name=crda - will attempt other sources if available

WARNING: Renaming /yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/downloads/crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2 to /yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/downloads/crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2_bad-checksum_10ca4d149b0f52e332dc8d9bf345bec3

WARNING: Checksum failure encountered with download of http://wireless.kernel.org/download/wireless-regdb/regulatory.bins/2013.01.11-regulatory.bin;name=bin - will attempt other sources if available

WARNING: Renaming /yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/downloads/2013.01.11-regulatory.bin to /yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/downloads/2013.01.11-regulatory.bin_bad-checksum_630c2d0f65273f4dd1dfae5fec668f15

ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/crda/1.1.3-r0/temp/log.do_compile.29881)

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/crda/1.1.3-r0/temp/log.do_compile.29881

Log data follows:

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile

| NOTE: make -j 8 MAKEFLAGS= DESTDIR=/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/crda/1.1.3-r0/image all_noverify

|   GEN  keys-gcrypt.c

|   CC   crda.o

|   CC   intersect.o

|   Trusted pubkeys: pubkeys/linville.key.pub.pem

|   CC   print-regdom.o

|   CC   regdbdump.o

| Traceback (most recent call last):

|   File "./utils/key2pub.py", line 5, in <module>

|     from M2Crypto import RSA

|   File "/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/__init__.py", line 24, in <module>

|     import ASN1

|   File "/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/ASN1.py", line 12, in <module>

|     import BIO

|   File "/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/BIO.py", line 221, in <module>

|     class CipherStream(BIO):

|   File "/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/BIO.py", line 227, in CipherStream

|     SALT_LEN = m2.PKCS5_SALT_LEN

| AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PKCS5_SALT_LEN'

| Makefile:104: recipe for target 'keys-gcrypt.c' failed

| make: *** [keys-gcrypt.c] Error 1

| make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/crda/1.1.3-r0/temp/log.do_compile.29881)

ERROR: Task 1523 (/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/../poky/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-connectivity/crda/crda_1.1.3.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5556 tasks of which 5541 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

No currently running tasks (5556 of 5567)

Summary: 1 task failed:

/yocto/intel_edison/madesign-iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/../poky/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-connectivity/crda/crda_1.1.3.bb, do_compile

Summary: There were 6 WARNING messages shown.

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Are there any Ideas for that problem?

Best

Nils

• 11. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                              Intel Corporation

Hi Nils,

The first error message that you received was probably due to an internet issue, otherwise I doubt it would go away like that. I would like to ask you why you removed meta-openembedded and then downloaded it from git://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded? I mean, if it was to add the recipe of CRDA, the standard meta-openembedded already has this package, and I believe it is the same version as the recipe is for version 1.1.3 and the error messages you posted let me know that this is the version you are adding with the new version of the layer.

Because of this I decided not to download the new version of the layer and I tried to add CRDA by adding the line IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " crda" in the file build_edison/conf/auto.conf. My image is currently building correctly, I'll let you know if I'm able to see the same error as you.

Pedro M.

• 12. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                                nilson

Hi Pedro,

I downloaded the newer open-embedded layer from dizzy branch because the crda package from iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606 did not work on my machine. But the problem was still there.

My problems came from Python module m2crypto. The problem is that the 'module' object has no attribute 'PKCS5_SALT_LEN'.

I found out that this has been an issue in a python module version. I used the version (it's the same version but more patches) from the "jethro" branch and now I can build the image.

Thanks for your help.

Best

Nils

• 13. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                                  Intel Corporation

I'm very glad to hear that! 

You are very welcome, please don’t hesitate to come back to the community whenever you need help.

Pedro M.

• 14. Re: Building CRDA package in Yocto Image
                                    nilson

Hi Pedro,

The following changed again:

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-intel-iot-devkit/recipes-connectivity/bacnet-stack and open the file called bacnet-stack_0.8.2.bb. Look for the line:

SRC_URI = "http://sourceforge.net/projects/bacnet/files/bacnet-stack/bacnet-stack-${PV}/bacnet-stack-${PV}.tgz \

And change it for:

SRC_URI = "https://svwh.dl.sourceforge.net/project/bacnet/bacnet-stack/bacnet-stack-0.8.2/bacnet-stack-0.8.2.tgz \

Now the first SRC_URI is working again and the other not!

So leave it as it is:

Best

Nils

1 2 Previous Next