1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2017 5:41 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?

mack-swiss

Hallo

ich würde mir gerne den neuen "INTEL NUC NUC7i7BNH" kaufen.

Da der NUC aber direkt bei mir auf dem Tisch stehen würde, habe ich Angst

wegen der Lautstärke vom Lüfter!

Kann jemand aus Erfahrung über die Lautstärke der Intel NUC Lüfter berichten?

Vielen Dank

mack-swiss

• 1. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
          MartyG

Translation:

Hello, I would like to buy the new Intel NUC NUC7i7BNH. Since the NUC is on the table, I'm afraid because of the volume of the fan! Can someone from experience report on the volume of the Intel NUC fans?

Marty's response: (I'm assuming that Mark's browser is auto-translate this text)

Hello mack-swiss,

Some have reported that the NUC fan is loud, and some say the volume is normal. A couple of forum members thought it was related to the height that the user lives above ocean level.  The higher the height above the sea, the louder the fan may be because the air is thinner, and so the fan has to work harder to keep the machine cool.

Forum member N. Scott Pearson offers this advice:

Click on Advanced and then Cooling. In the right-hand CPU fan header window, you can click on the Fan Control mode selection dialog and select Cool, Balanced or Quiet. As I have said elsewhere, I am really not a fan of these presets. They are the only ones who have the speed of the blower (it's not a fan!) Speed too slow and then jump to 100% very abruptly and very near the Tjmax limit. Ien wants is a there. It is the best solution to the problem of the thermal load line.

Here is what I use:

If you want the minimum blower speed (minimum duty cycle) to be lower (quieter) than this, you will need to adjust the minimum temperature (and possibly duty cycle increment) so that the duty cycle reaches 100% at ~ 83c.

If you want to use a minimum duty cycle of 30%, set the Minimum Temperature to 60c. If you want to use a minimum duty cycle of 25%

Alternatively, if you want to be able to change the response to the heat, you can change the Duty Cycle Increment to 4%. Then, for minimum duty cycle values of 40, 30 and 25, the minimum temperature should be set to 68, 65 and 64, respectively.

• 2. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to for all the information posted above, thank you for taking the time to share that information with our community.

To :

The answer provided by is very accurate, as he said for some customers the NUC’s fan is loud, and some of them say the volume is normal, so it actually depends on the customer’s perception, we do have that NUC in here and from my perspective the fan is not loud, I can barely hear it in a normal environment.

I hope the information provided was useful for you.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 3. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
              mack-swiss

Thank you for your answers!

I'm a bit afraid that the NUC is too loud for me. The problem is,
              If you bought it, it is too late.

Do you think that the NUC (NUC7i7BNH) is quieter than a Surface Pro 3 (i7)?
              In heavy operation, it is so loud that I would now replace it.

thanks and regards

mack

• 4. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                N.Scott.Pearson

Since the i7 version of BN is not yet available, it is impossible to say...

• 5. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                  N.Scott.Pearson

I would add that you can (at least partially) avoid issues like this by simply not placing the NUC on your desk. The NUC comes with a VESA mounting plate and you can attach it to the side, back or bottom of your desk, to the back of a monitor, etc. This way, you will receive the blower (it's not a fan!) noise only indirectly and it will be less intense...

...S

• 6. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                    Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to for providing the information above.

To :

I hope the information and suggestions were useful for you.

Please let me know if you need further assistance on this matter.

Regards

Alberto

• 7. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                      Intel Corporation

Hello :

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you, and if you need further information about this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 8. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                        mack-swiss

I'm a litte scared to buy one. When he is just like the Surface, i changed nothing. I still don't know what to do.

• 9. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                          Intel Corporation

Hello :

We understand your concern.

Not sure if there is a PC repair store close to you, but if there is one as an option maybe you can visit the store and check if they have a NUC in there so you can check if the NUC is too loud for you.

Or also, some stores might be able to do that for you as well, so you can test it and then make the decision.

Regards

Alberto

• 10. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                            N.Scott.Pearson

Most of the noise complaints (of late) have involved the NUC6i7KYK. This NUC, rather than using an embedded Core i7 processor, utilized a higher performance - and higher wattage (45W) - mobile Core i7 processor. The NUC6i7KYK was a special case design, however; the NUC7i7BNH will go back to the more-traditional use of a (28W) embedded Core i7 processor, akin to what was done two years ago in the NUC5i7RYH.

...S

• 11. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                              Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to   for that information above.

To :

I hope that information was useful for you, please let me know if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards

Alberto

• 12. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                                New

Hi guys,

I just installed Win10 Creators 64bit Home (1703) and Linux Mint 18.1. Cinnamon 64bit on the Intel NUC7i5BNH with all the latest drivers available directly from Intel (as of May 6th 2017), including BIOS 45. The fan noise level is bad meaning too loud, even in quite mode selected in bios. The fan is constantly working and producing a noise level which is too high for me to accept. Even when I do not use the machine the fan is working.

I will return the NUC and will move to the Zotac ZBOX CI547 nano, which does not have a fan and is passiv cooled.

Disappointed by Intels latest nuc7 generation.

• 13. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                                  Intel Corporation

Hi, , In regard to the information posted previously, Intel respects and appreciates all the comments and decisions from all of the peers in our communities, we are sorry to hear the NUC did not work as you expected and that it is too loud for you.

Regards
                                  Alberto

• 14. Re: Lautstärke Lüfter INTEL NUC?
                                    oes

Same for me. The fan is way to audible, even after upgrading to the latest BIOS. I did not expect it to

be this bad.

1 2 Previous Next