Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

VGA output does not work in DELL Latitude 3470 with Intel HD Graphics 520 board on Debian 8.7 64Bit.

BNara
Beginner

I have a Dell latitude 3470 with Intel HD Graphics 520 in it. In Debian 8.7, I am not able to get output on the VGA port of it. Can anybody tell me how to get the VGA Output?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello bijuan,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, your best contact support is DELL as they are more familiar with your system and how all the components interact with each other, Intel sells products to various OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturers), who then integrate them, with other system components (power supplies, disk drives, add in cards, software, etc). These components may be customized to the OEM's specifications.

Intel® has not validated this graphics version with VGA but if your laptop has VGA, it is most likely that DELL has configure your system to also work with VGA, I suggest you to ask them if there is a set up in the BIOS to have VGA working or something different.

With your Dell model number I can see that they design the system for Windows® versions and they have not validated Debian for your PC, so it will be good as well to contact Debian support and see if they have some commands or anything to have VGA working.

https://www.debian.org/support https://www.debian.org/support

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

I'm sorry that I couldn't provide you with any support here, but there is not driver or configuration we can provide here for the system you have, unless somebody else with similar configuration can post here a solution for you.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos