2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2017 5:44 PM by Intel Corporation

DC53427HYE won't Boot or POST

GaryMiyakawa

I found a discussion about this from a year ago.  It's here:  DC53427HYE Stuck at blinking light once every 5 seconds.

It exactly describes the problem I'm having.  The unit had not been powered on in a couple months and when I plugged it in, Nothing.

I don't have the electronic tools the Gentleman had to reflow the CPU.   I wondered if there was any other way to recover the unit.

This appears to be an issue (admittedly small) with cold solder joint on the CPU.

Suggestions ?

Gary Miyakawa

• 1. Re: DC53427HYE won't Boot or POST
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

We can try different troubleshoot steps in order to try to fix this problem, not sure if you tried the suggestions on that other thread, but it will help us find out the source of the problem.

Did the NUC work fine before?

How is the pattern of the blinking blue light, it also blinks every 5 seconds?

Did you test it with just with one memory stick and no hard drive/SSD? We should get an error message about boot manager or the BIOS.

Do you see also a green light when you connect the NUC to the outlet?

Do you have the option to test it with a different memory RAM kit?

Did you try to change the position of the jumper or remove it, to see if we get display?

Another suggestion will be to make sure the monitor and the cable to connect the NUC o it are working fine.

If the problem persists after trying those steps, then the next thing to do will be to replace it, if the unit is still under warranty.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 2. Re: DC53427HYE won't Boot or POST
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

I just wanted to check if you were able to do the steps provided above, and if the problem persists or if it was resolved?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto