7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 12:54 PM by Intel Corporation

Edison as a FTP Server

arunkumark

Hi,

How to make edison as a FTP Server and accessing this ftp server via wifi.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Edison as a FTP Server
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi arunkumark,

Thank you for contacting us. Take a look at this guide https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-109932 . It has a step-by-step con how to communicate through FTP using WiFi.

I believe you’ll find it very useful. Let us know if this is what you were looking for.

-Sergio A

• 2. Re: Edison as a FTP Server
            arunkumark

Thanks for replying.

The Doc-109932 shows how to configure two edison boards using wifi direct. I tried it, it actually helped me. But What I am trying is to connect is an edison and an android device. The question now is how to configure android device to connect to edison p2p network/edison wifi direct.

• 3. Re: Edison as a FTP Server
              arunkumark

Hi,

Here I am able to configure my edison as ftp client(Like Second edison in the manual). How can I configure it as a server(Like First edison in the manual). In the image you can see, I used wlan0 interface. Any idea on this will be helpful.

Thanks.

connect.PNG

• 4. Re: Edison as a FTP Server
                Intel Corporation

Hi arunkumark,

Thank you for the clarification and letting us know you plan to connect to an Android device. There’s an option that I think will be helpful for you. In the Bluetooth user guide, there’s a section with instructions to set the Edison as an FTP server and the peer devices as FTP clients. This will allow you to connect an Android device. In order to do this you’d have to make some Bluetooth configurations, which are also covered in the guide.
                If this is something that you think will work you, then check this document http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005743.html . Take a look at it and pay special attention to section 6.13.

Let us know if this works for you.
                -Sergio A

• 5. Re: Edison as a FTP Server
                  arunkumark

Hi,

I saw that, it was helpful. Is there any way of doing it using WiFi?

Thanks.

• 6. Re: Edison as a FTP Server
                    Intel Corporation

I’ve never tried to do this using Wi-Fi. There’s no specific guide with steps, you’d have to take information from both guides we posted and combine it to achieve your goal.  If you want to try this approach, first, you’d have to make sure that the FTP client app on your phone supports the WiFi option. Some apps only have the Bluetooth option so verify you’re using one with WiFi capabilities. Then, use the information on the guide to attempt to pair the Edison to the Android device.

The easiest approach would be to follow the Bluetooth guide and configure it using those steps, but, if your project must be done using WiFi follow the instructions above and let us know your results.

-Sergio A

• 7. Re: Edison as a FTP Server
                      Intel Corporation

Hi arunkumark,

Do you still need assistance with this case? Were you able to configure the Edison as an FTP server?

-Sergio A