Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

A HDMI audio passtrough option?

JAssu2
Beginner

I'm using the following setup for movies and music:

1.A Laptop with Core i5 5200U and Intel HD Graphics 5500

2.An audio decoder/repeater that splits the HDMI signal into:

a.HDMI video output for my LG HD TV

b.P2 analog audio output for a 5.1 sound system

That should work well but actually the Intel HD Audio driver only recognizes 2 channels of audio, as you can see in the following picture:

There's a way to solve this? I've tried drivers and beta drivers but the problem persist. There's no audio settings in the Intel HD Graphics panel, like the settings

in nVidia ou ATI boards that allow audio passtrough.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the picture.

I noticed the HDMI codec is actually working an detecting HDMI connection.

Please provide the TV model number and the audio decoder/repeater, I am looking for the specifications to check audio configuration.

Please bear in mind the Intel® graphics control panel does not offer any audio settings. This is merely graphics.

Allan.
JAssu2
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

The TV model is LG-49LH5150 and the audio decoder/repeater is the Ambery AU-HDMICP. I understand that the Intel® graphics control panel does not offer any audio settigs, but theres no other ways to set the audio settings than the windowns panels?

Thanks again for the attention,

Sincerely,

Julio.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information.

I did notice by the TV specifications the support for 2 http://www.lg.com/br/tv/lg-49LH5150 channel audio. This means the picture you sent previously is correct.

You need to check with your computer manufacturer for other ways to adjust audio configuration, in some computers you get Realtek or Soundmax audio control panel

Allan.
0 Kudos