2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 8:09 PM by torrun

Can't Update Intel(R) HD Graphics Driver, Please Help!

torrun

Hello everyone,

First of all, i have an ASUS, with CPU Intel BayTrail M Quad-Core N3540 up to 2,66GHz, the model is X553M, with a Intel HD Graphics GPU.
      My current graphics driver version is 10.18.10.3408, Date: 20/01/2014.
      And also to note, my graphics has no series on it, it is just "Intel(R) HD Graphics".

When I tried to update my driver through the Intel Detection, it said that it had found a Graphics but won't allow to update because my Graphics version is Manufacturer, or such.
      And it says that i need to contact my manufacturer or such to update it.(Which is ASUSTeK Computer Inc.)
      Nevertheless I went to the Intel Download Center, found a graphics with my specifications, with my CPU, at i had downloaded it.

This link came up: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.33]

And in it there is a message

So i went there: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.33]

and Downloaded that for Windows 8.1 ZIP File.

Also, i had checked in the ReadMe for supported CPU-s, and my CPU was listed there: Intel(R) Pentium(R) QC N3540
      I extracted the file, installed it manually through Device Manager, and the version got up to 10.18.10.4425, but the same date stayed Date: 20/01/2014.

Later on, my graphics version was back to the old version  10.18.10.3408, somehow.
      Then i tried to install it again, and after just a few seconds, a message pops up saying that the latest version of the driver is installed.

Could anyone please help me with this, i have been struggling with this for days, and also i have been searching for an answer and couldn't find any.
      If anyone could identify if this driver IS the one for my laptop or not.

EDIT: I have visited ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - X553MA Where the graphics driver is supposed to be, and it's latest version IS the version which i have, does that mean that there are no updates?

Much obliged and thank you,
      Sava