1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 9:13 PM by Christof_M

Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694

Christof_M

Hello,

I'm new to the Galileo board, but I'm using Arduino Uno, Mega 2560, MKR, several Teensy boards without issues. The Intel board seems to be a little bit more difficult. Apart from the blink example NONE of my scripts are working directly with the Galileo 2.

I believe, it's related to serial.print in the Arduino IDE. Whenever I use that, the serial console only outputs ** B0100000063f694

I updated the firmware to 1.1.0. Doesn't help.

I googled that, many people have issues, but I don't find a generic answer how to avoid. Like that the Intel board is completely useless. I hope, somebody can help.

Thanks,

Christof

• 1. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
          FGT

Hi Christof,

I've seen this error/problem before, and it is caused by different settings (speed) of

Serial.begin()

and

Serial Monitor settings (speed and autscroll)

However, I'm not able to reproduce them on my current win10 computer...

Please send your development environment data

Arduino IDE version

Sketch you are using

EDIT: boot with or without SD memory

BR,

Fernando.

• 2. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Christof,

Do you still need help with this thread? If you do, please provide the information requested by FGT. We’ll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio A

• 3. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
              Christof_M

Hello,

sorry for the late answer, currently I'm traveling a lot.

I'm running Mac OS Sierra wih the Ide 1.6.2 without an SD card. I only tried quickly several of my sketches which work and basically all of them didn't work with the Intel board. The blink example was the only sketch which worked straight away.

I'll try to simplify my sketch on the weekend and upload it then, but so far I had the impression that even serial print "hello world" wouldn't work.

I run the serial console always with 9600 on all devices.

Thanks for your help,

Christof

• 4. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                FGT

Christof_M wrote:

Hello,

I'm running Mac OS Sierra wih the Ide 1.6.2 without an SD card. I only tried quickly several of my sketches which work and basically all of them didn't work with the Intel board. The blink example was the only sketch which worked straight away.

I'll try to simplify my sketch on the weekend and upload it then, but so far I had the impression that even serial print "hello world" wouldn't work.

Thanks for your help,

Christof

Well.. there is something preventing to reply to you:

Whenever this site works maybe you'll get the reply

Fernando.

• 5. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                  Intel Corporation

Hi Christof,

Thank you for replying back. As Fernando explained, this error is caused by different settings in the Serial Monitor. Sometimes, it’s also needed to try a few more things before getting the sketch to work. I found a thread that has several suggestions that might help, take a look at https://communities.intel.com/message/404359#404359 . Among the suggestions you can find the different options on how to set the serial monitor as well as trying different cables. There’s also an example of an Arduino sketch that works (provided by FGT).

Give it a try and let us know your results and thank you @FGT once again for your help, we really appreciate it.

@FGT, This is strange. I checked my inbox and there are no cases awaiting moderation.
                  Could you please try again and let us know if this persists?

Regards,
                  -Sergio A

• 6. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                    FGT

Christof_M wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your help,

Christof

I suggest you use the latest Arduino IDE, version 1.6.2 is rather old.

Sketches working on Arduino do not always work "as is" in Intel Galileo (due to many reasons).

Please send an example to give it a try in my Galileo-Win10 environment.

BR,

Fernando.

• 7. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                      FGT

Intel Corporation wrote:

@FGT, This is strange. I checked my inbox and there are no cases awaiting moderation.
                      Could you please try again and let us know if this persists?

Regards,
                      -Sergio A

We agree the behavior is strange/erratic... Actually, I've had problems in this site since the start of 2017. Right now, it seems to be working as expected, but my previous post/reply to Christof was entirely lost.

Fernando.

• 8. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                        Christof_M

Due to my jetlag last night, I had time to do further tests.

I discovered one special item related to the Intel board: Obviously the serial monitor doesn't cause a reset like with Arduino or Teensy. Knowing this, I could explain some of the issues I had.

The second thing I found is that the sensor breakout board I used had an issue. It was configured wrongly by the manufacturer, therefore i2c was not stable. Probably this caused the crashes. After fixing I did a few tests and it seemed to work fine. I'll continue on the weekend.

What I also found is that already 9 devices are connected to i2c on the board itself. i2c scanner showed this. Does anybody what kind of devices show up here?

Thanks

Christof

P.S.: This site always crashes if I press post, hopefully it works now....

• 9. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                          Intel Corporation

Hi guys,

@Christoph,
                          From what I understand from your previous post is that the error you originally mentioned in your first post is now resolved and that now the issue is the i2C devices of i2c scanner. Is this correct? If that’s the case, could you provide more details about your setup? How many devices you have connected and how are they connected? Could you post the output of the serial monitor after running the i2c_scanner sketch?

@FGT,
                          I’ve never had the issues you mention while trying to post. It’s possible that the website was temporarily down. If this happens, try posting the message again.

Regards,
                          -Sergio A

• 10. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                            FGT

Intel Corporation wrote:

Hi guys,

@FGT,
                            I’ve never had the issues you mention while trying to post. It’s possible that the website was temporarily down. If this happens, try posting the message again.

Regards,
                            -Sergio A

It's good to know you don't have problems, maybe Chirstof ("P.S.: This site always crashes if I press post, hopefully it works now....") and I have been "unlucky"...

I do not always have time to post the message again (which includes retyping, because the post is completly lost).

Fernando.

• 11. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                              FGT

A few more specific comments:

Christof_M wrote:

I discovered one special item related to the Intel board: Obviously the serial monitor doesn't cause a reset like with Arduino or Teensy.

You are right, the Intel Galileo Serial Monitor/USB connection works definitely different from Arduino Serial Monitor/USB connection (wrt sketch run/load/board reset).

Christof_M wrote:

The second thing I found is that the sensor breakout board I used had an issue. It was configured wrongly by the manufacturer, therefore i2c was not stable. Probably this caused the crashes. After fixing I did a few tests and it seemed to work fine. I'll continue on the weekend.

What I also found is that already 9 devices are connected to i2c on the board itself. i2c scanner showed this. Does anybody what kind of devices show up here?

I suggest you confirm the Serial Monitor behavior (with no extra hardware plugged in) and start another thread specifically focused on i2c issues.

HTH,

Fernando.

• 12. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                                Intel Corporation

I agree with @FGT. It’d be better to start a new thread with this new issue. We’d gladly help you troubleshoot once you’ve created it.

@FGT-Thanks again for all the help!

Regards,
                                -Sergio A

• 13. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                                  FGT

Intel Corporation wrote:

I agree with @FGT. It’d be better to start a new thread with this new issue. We’d gladly help you troubleshoot once you’ve created it.

@FGT-Thanks again for all the help!

Regards,
                                  -Sergio A

You are welcome, Sergio, glad to help

Fernando.

• 14. Re: Galileo 2 and error B0100000063f694
                                    Christof_M

Hi Sergio,

I disconnected everything again and connected it to an Uno, because I have significant trouble with the libraries for GPS and the sensors I connected. Basically nothing works with the Intel board. It's really frustrating. But you're right, I solved the basic issue with I2C, I can at least scan for devices. Currently I can't give you the output of i2c_scanner, because all is disconnected. I'm also surprised that nobody knows which i2c devices are on the intel board. I can create a separate post...

Cheers,

Christof

1 2 Previous Next