Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Windows 10, Rapid Storage Manager not shown

PScha3
Beginner

I recently purchased a used HP Z230 workstation that came with Windows 7. I ran it that way for a short period and decided to move to Windows 10. While running with 7, I noted the presence of the Rapid Storage Manager in the task tray.

Now I am running Windows 10 Pro. I downloaded and installed the latest drivers from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- Downloads for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)

The machine is running fine, the Device Manager shows the Storage Controller as "Intel SATA Raid Controller" so it looks like I have the drivers installed correctly. But I don't have the Rapid Storage Manager running in the task tray.

I suspect I missed a step. Could someone please tell me how I get the manager installed and running?

Thanks,

++PLS

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello pls2000,

Make sure that you have enable the "Show the notification are icon" in your Intel® Rapid Storage Technology configuration.

Here is how to do it;

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
PScha3
Beginner

Thanks for the response.

How do I get to the configuration utility? I don't see anything relevant on the start menu.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Once installed the Intel® RST software, type Intel® Rapid Storage Technology in the search bar ( if it was properly install Windows® 10 should find it). Then click it and follow the instructions mentioned above.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
PScha3
Beginner

A start menu search for "Rapid Storage Technology" just gives me the suggestion to do a web search.

Let's back up one step. The machine is an HP Z230 with an E3-1245 v3 CPU and a C220 series chipset. The storage controller is labeled "Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller" and has driver version 15.2.0.1020 from Intel Corp.

Are these the correct drivers? If not, what should I have installed? Should I reinstall the same drivers?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The latest for your chipset controller is; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver?product=55005 Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver. So, please try uninstalling the current version installing by accessing Programs and Features, find the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and uninstalling it. Then reboot your system and install the version provided before.

Give it a try, and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/111281 pls2000, I am following up your thread.

Were you able to follow my suggestion?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos