2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2017 5:22 PM by Fernandohfr

-NEW- 15.45.14.4590: Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*/8.1*/10* [Vulkan Support]

Ronald_Intel

Note: Operating system support varies by platform. Due to this and a limitation of the database, Download Center search capabilities cannot report OS support accurately, so please see the support information below or reference the associated Read Me's for more details.

Intel announces that we are moving from beta support to full official support for the Vulkan* API on Windows going forward.

Vulkan* targets high performing real-time 3D graphics applications, like games, while giving low-overhead hardware control over GPU acceleration to developers. Vulkan* promises great performance and predictability, while paving the way to better equip games to handle virtual reality or 4k HDR.

For more information on Vulkan*: https://www.khronos.org/Vulkan

The graphics driver 15.45.14.4590 has been posted to Intel Download Center at the following direct link to the driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26563/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-

These drivers below in self installing format (exe) are intended for end users.

64bit - https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26563/eng/win64_154514.4590.exe

These drivers below in zip format are intended for developers and IT professionals.

64bit - https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26563/eng/win64_154514.4590.zip

64bit support

7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family

Microsoft Windows® 10

6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family

Microsoft Windows* 7

Microsoft Windows* 8.1

Microsoft Windows® 10

IMPORTANT:

These software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide which contain fixes specific to the OEM hardware the driver is intended for. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

Please review the link for more information regarding this release.

Reporting Issues/feedback:

We continuously strive to improve the quality of our products to better serve our users and appreciate feedback on any issues you discover and suggestions for future driver releases. If you have an issue to submit, please follow the guidance/process in this sticky Default level information for reporting Graphics issues.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Other Windows 10® Resources:

Support information about Intel products and Windows® 10

Windows 10® FAQ & Tips - Microsoft

• 1. Re: -NEW- 15.45.14.4590: Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*/8.1*/10* [Vulkan Support]
          raffux3

I have intel graphic 530 and I can't install this driver -.-'. Why?

• 2. Re: -NEW- 15.45.14.4590: Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*/8.1*/10* [Vulkan Support]
            Fernandohfr

Great stuff! I tried out the beta driver on my HD 520 to play Dota 2 on vulkan and was a total disaster, intense flickering and shuttering that wouldn't go away... This one is a GREAT improvement BUT i'll write down some os the issues i've noticed

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Dota 2 on vulkan is consuming 2GB of RAM. That's half my total RAM and double of the ram consumed by the game when i run it on directx 11 or directx 9. FPS is good but i can't play it like that, the game can randomly crash because of an alt+tab or a big team fight.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

I3-6100U

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
            ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Intel HD 520 only

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
            LFP
            = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
            EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP, see attachment

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

4GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
            ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Nothing, just running the game

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

see attachment

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

see attachment

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

i actually couldn't find the "graphics properties".

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

this one on the thread, 15.45.14.4590

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Dota 2

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

see attachment

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1366x760, 60Hz. Also, see attachment

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
            A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet http://imgur.com/a/vbcFl