Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SDK Essentials install ended prematurely because of an error(s)

MStva
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I an trying to install SDK Essentials for my F200 built-in camera and keep getting this error "Intel® RealSense™ SDK Essentials for Windows* Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s)." with no explanation.

Log attached. Do you have any experience?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MStva
Beginner

So I reinstalled my Windows and everything is working properly. I guess there was some service preventing successfull installation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you type 'camera explorer' into the text box on the bottom of your Windows screen (beside the button where you shut down) then you can find an app called the Camera Explorer that you can use to test your camera. Left-click on your camera in the Explorer to begin tests on it. Does it appear to be working correctly in the tests?

0 Kudos
APile1
Beginner

Hello!

I'm having the same issue and I installed all the plug-ins and stuff. Well, tryed to install. Can't install nothing at all, everything just gives me that exact message; "Intel® RealSense™ SDK 3D Scan for Windows* Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s)". I only installed the camera calibrator, I think it is for SR200 and I have SR300. I'm getting mad looking all over the internet and I only see the option to restart windows, and that is my very last option.

Can you help me? Thank you.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Yes, the camera calibrator is for the R200. That would not solve the installation problems you are having though.

I'm guessing that you are using the '2016 R3' version of the RealSense SDK. That should work with your SR300 camera. It is only the R200 model of camera that the R3 SDK does not work with.

The first questions that I would ask you are:

1. Can you give me the System Information details of your PC please so that I can check that it is compatible with the SR300's minimum specification requirements?

2. Could you tell me please if you have The Creators Update version of Windows 10 installed? The SR300 has some problems with that, and a patch from Intel to fix it is imminent.

3. If you are using the R3 version of the RealSense SDK, did you install the main 'Essentials' module first before you installed the 3D scan module?

I look forward to your response. I am about to go "off shift" for the day, so I will pick up your response on Thursday morning. As this original discussion is 5 months old, it will not appear on the front page of the RealSense forum, so if you want to get the attention of others who may be able to help then I recommend posting your help message as a new question on the forum, perhaps with a link to this discussion. Good luck!

0 Kudos
APile1
Beginner

Yeah sure:

1. My PC is a laptop with the camera in the laptop, so I think I should have the minimum specification requirements, and I've used it before. But it is an HP Omen 15-ax001ns (Product No. F4W14EA# ABE)

2. I think it stopped working when an update came in. Could be that one. Don't know how to confirm that, sorry.

3. I think I did it like that. Tomorrow morning I'll try to re-install it again in that order.

Thank you for the super quick answer. I'm not in a big hurry to need it to be in the front page. Thanks for all.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Sadly, problems with built-in RealSense cameras are much harder to fix than for the external USB models. You can end up being driven mad trying to solve it, as you were. Experience with these cases has taught me that the most pain-free route is one of the following choices:

1. Consider waiting for Intel's imminent patch fix and see if that helps.

You can check your windows version by right-clicking on the button in the corner of the Windows screen that you go to for shutting down the PC and select the 'System' option to bring up your system information.

If, under 'OS Build', the version number is 15063 then that is the Creators update that is causing SR300 camera conflicts.

If you are in a hurry to get the camera working, a user called Slothameedes posted a workaround process for the Creators Update issue that Intel recommend trying if you don't want to wait for the patch.

2. Download the camera drivers for the HP Omen from the driver section of HP's support website (since built-in RealSense cameras may be implemented by manufacturers in a way that makes them incompatible with the regular public drivers for the USB camera models).

3. If all else fails, back up your important files and then do a "Recovery Boot" restoration of Windows. A recovery boot restoration differs from a normal windows restoration, as it also reinstalls the drivers and software that came pre-installed on your laptop when you bought it.

On HP machines, the recovery boot process is called the Recovery Manager.

https://support.hp.com/th-en/document/c02638587 HP Notebook PCs - Using System Recovery, Factory Reset and Minimized Image Recovery Options | HP® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MStva
Beginner

So I reinstalled my Windows and everything is working properly. I guess there was some service preventing successfull installation.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Great! I'm glad you found a solution. Please visit the forum any time if you experience more problems. Good luck!

0 Kudos