Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Empire Earth 1 with Intel HD Graphics 5500 on Windows 8.1, graphic totally out of control

AW_
Beginner

Wanted to play an old game named Empire Earth 1 with Intel HD Graphics 5500 on Windows 8.1, but the graphics are totally out of control ... it looks like as if parts oft textures were painted all over the screen as soon as I start a map. I would be so happy if somone knows how I can fix that 🙂

My system:

Acer V3-371-57QP

Windows 8.1

Intel Core i5-5200U

Intel HD Graphics 5500

8 GB DDR Memory

240 GB SSD

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

This game has been released back in 2001 and after checking game requirements says that this is up to Windows® 7.

I am trying to confirm some information and check if the game is compatible with the Intel® HD graphics 5500 and Windows® 8.1.

I will update this thread as soon as I get any information about it.

Allan.
idata
Employee

Intel is constantly updating graphics drivers, and oftentimes, while fixing a bug with a game that relies on a given API (e.g. OpenGL*, Direct3D*) Intel indirectly addresses bugs showing on other games using the same API. With that said, I would suggest waiting for our next driver release to check if the game overall performance is improved.

Allan.
0 Kudos