4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2017 11:53 PM by vn2000

Where is Linux Arduino Board Manager?

vn2000

Hello,

I was using Arduino IDE in Windows and have no problem installing Intel Arduino 101 board package, by going to 'Tools', 'Board Manager' and selecting Intel Curie.

But in Linux, I don't see any option for a Board Manager under 'Tools'. There are a list of Arduino boards, but no Arduino 101. I wonder anyone has any similar issue?

• 1. Re: Where is Linux Arduino Board Manager?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi vn200,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Curie Platform.

This issue seems to be directly related to the Arduino IDE not the Curie module, I would recommend contacting the Arduino community: Arduino 101 . They’ll be able to provide a more accurate response.

Now, that said, I still went and install the Arduino IDE in a computer with Ubuntu and I was able to visualized the Board Manager in the Arduino IDE, please see the image below:

Arduino board manger (1).png

Are you sure you downloaded your correct Operating System (64 bit or 32 bit)?

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,
          -Jose P.

• 2. Re: Where is Linux Arduino Board Manager?
            vn2000

Hi Jose,

I am using Ubuntu 64-bit. Arduino IDE version is 2.1.0.5

When I click at 'Tools', 'Board', I don't see any Board Manager for me to look for Arduino 101. I only see a list of some other Arduino boards.

Please can you let me know if you go through the same steps, how did you get to that screen?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Where is Linux Arduino Board Manager?
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi vn200,

I will explain you the steps that I took to install the Arduino IDE in my PC:

1) Downloaded Arduino IDE from this link Arduino - Software , please see the image below:

Arduino Linux 64 bits.PNG

2) This link downloaded a .tgz file, I extracted it in my Documents, then I accessed this file through the Console using the command cd, then I executed the file install.sh by using the command ./install.sh.

3) After step 2) I had Arduino IDE installed in my Desktop, so I clicked on it and went to Tools/Board/Boards Manager, see the image below:

Board Manager.PNG

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,
              -Jose P.

• 4. Re: Where is Linux Arduino Board Manager?
                vn2000

Hi Joe,

Ok I got it. Somehow the installation at Ubuntu software center made previously gave me a different version which doesn't show the Board Manager.

This one has. Thanks for your help.