Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14511 Discussions

i5 6600 Turbo boost off, pc won't start

VChri
Beginner

I have an intel i5 6600 and a gigabyte h170 ddr3 motherboard and when I disable the intel turbo boost option in bios my pc won't start. Last night I disconnected aIl my hard drives, the graphics card, all the usb devices that were connected on the pc and left only one memory stick which I plugged in a different memory slot whenever I rebooted my pc but still the same thing, it started for a few seconds and then turned off and then tried to start up again and so on. I should mention that if I remove the battery from the motherboard and then put it back on the motherboard returns to the default settings and the pc can boot again.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VChri
Beginner

Solved. I did a BIOS update with Gigabyte's APP Center and installed the new BIOS. I turned off turbo boost and the pc booted fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VChri
Beginner

Solved. I did a BIOS update with Gigabyte's APP Center and installed the new BIOS. I turned off turbo boost and the pc booted fine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello VaiosCh,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved and thank you for taking your time to share with us how the issue was resolved.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos