1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2010 10:47 PM by Driver11

946GZ Chipset - Can't update -

Driver11

I have a 946GZ chip and I can't update it - I'm having compatability problems and I think it might be the graphics chip - My computer runs fine at the factory settings but when it gets to SP2 it starts having start up problems and I have to turn off hybrid sleep and I start having problems with the display going black on wake - Which is very minimal now - Around this update period my graphic cards resolution has to be set to 1440 x 900 - I know the current driver addresses EDID issues because of this resolution setting but I can't update the driver from intel or acer -. Anybody know why I can't update the driver - I have an Acer T690 and a Acer AL1917W monitor - Everything else works fine and is up to date - I'm running Vista Home premium - 2 GB ram - Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) - Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 - BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD R01-B3, 11/24/2006 - And like I said before - I can return the computer back to the factory configuration and it works fine -
      I have a 946GZ chip and I can't update it - I'm having compatability problems and I think it might be the graphics chip - My computer runs fine at the factory settings but when it gets to SP2 it starts having start up problems and I have to turn off hybrid sleep and I start having problems with the display going black on wake - Which is very minimal now - Around this update period my graphic cards resolution has to be set to 1440 x 900 - I know the current driver addresses EDID issues because of this resolution setting but I can't update the driver from intel or acer -. Anybody know why I can't update the driver - I have an Acer T690 and a Acer AL1917W monitor - Everything else works fine and is up to date - I'm running Vista Home premium - 2 GB ram - Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) - Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 - BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD R01-B3, 11/24/2006 - And like I said before - I can return the computer back to the factory configuration and it works fine -