Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

BSOD EA in igxprd32.dll on 946GZ chipset

idata
Employee

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre A55 desktop with the imbedded 946GZ graphics chipset. I have recently been getting either a BSOD EA (THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER) in igxprd32 (the driver for the 946GZ) or a whacked-out graphics display (16-colors, 800x600?) with an error box that says that igxprd32 has stopped responding and to reboot. This happens only on applications that (I suspect) use 3D vectors and transformation processing. Examples are: Google Earth (both DirectX and OpenGL modes), Celestia, NASA World Wind, Stellarium, and Google SketchUp (when using a 3D drawing.) It also fails in the Lenovo diagnostics program (PC DR5) in the Fixed Transformation and Lighting Test (Direct 3D) under Windows; it doesn't fail in the DOS version of PC DR5 (probably uses a different driver?....)

These applications all used to work fine, althought I haven't used them for ~ 6 months. When the problems started (this week), I updated to the latest graphics driver and also updated the applications, but the problem remains. I saw some posts about BSOD EA in igxprd32 on other graphics chipsets: one solution was to drop back to an earlier version of igxprd32, but that didn't work for me (I was able to drop back 2 older versions to test.)

Since it used to work but started failing without my doing any changes, I'm suspecting a hardware problem; but considering that the driver appears to be the problem with the same symptoms in another chipset, it could be driver software. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to look further into this problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies