Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

I'm getting a "Caution Memory conflict detected. You may face boot problem." Using RS25AB080 with BIOS 5.50.03.0

CAzou
Novice

Everything was fine when I set up my server back in December 2016 and after a crash I received the message above while Posting.

Of course if I remove the RAID controller, the message goes away.

I have updated to the latest firmware and even tried to downgrade it to see if any differences was noted in vain.

I'm thinking the RAID controller is bad or something however I have no issues while in Windows Server and can access to all the functionalities.

Any ideas???

See the screenshot for details.

8 Replies
David_A_Intel

Hello Cyril,

I noticed you are getting this error message during POST in your HP ProLiant server. It would be a good idea to check the logs of your board to see if there is a conflict of resources with the RAID controller.

Additionally, it would be a good idea to capture the TTY log from your Intel RAID Web Console. This would help us understand the firmware of the RAID controller since our latest version is https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26413/ir3-2208-ROC-Hardware-RAID-Firmware-Flash-Update?product=65856 23.34.0-0019

CAzou
Novice

Hi David,

I checked the logs on the board but couldn't find anything related. I didn't have any messages when I set up my RAID on this server. Somehow like I said, the server crashed and after that I was getting this error. Could be coincidental though. I got a bad drive in my array on another virtual disk (I'm using the Intel RAID extender) which actually killed also 4 disks on the other VD... I had to rebuild my array. Good thing it is the backup server.

I pulled the logs from the card using the following command: storcli /call show alilog>raidlog.txt.

I was able to attach the logs to the original post, let me know if you see something in there.

Thanks.

CAzou
Novice

It seems like former firmware revisions were getting this message too however it was corrected since but it seems like it is back again?

SCGCQ00479507 - (Closed) - FW 3.340.05-2739/Getting memory conflict during boot

Is there a corrected firmware in the work?

idata
Employee

Hello Frenchyaz ,

Thank you for bringing this error to our attention. Let me take a look into this and I will reply to you with more information as soon as possible.

Regards,

Caesar B.

CAzou
Novice

Thank you Caesar, appreciate it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Frenchyaz ,

We have been using this firmware for quite some time now and have no reports of this type of conflict.

If you believe you have a defective http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/servers/raid/raid-controller-rs25ab080.html Intel® RAID Controller RS25AB080 feel free to contact your nearest Intel Office for support.http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

Best regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
CAzou
Novice

Hi Caesar,

Like I said, I didn't have this message prior when I did the card installation. Just recently the POST stopped because of this error and this is when I noticed it. I'm thinking that either the card is getting bad even though it is working fine or something unknown is happening.

I'll contact support and see what they say.

Thanks for trying.

Cyril

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please contact support and let us know what they suggest.

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos