Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Is it possible to retrospectively determine the DCM version used during a RealSense recording (RSSDK file)?

THark
Novice

Currently I have multiple RSSDK recordings that were probably recorded with different DCM versions. I would like to determine the DCM used at the time of the recording.

I've tried to determine the driver version with the code shown in https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/doc_advanced_checking_versions.html?zoom_highlightsub=implversion Checking the Camera Driver Version However, I get the result of major = 0 and minor = 0 for all my files (no RealSense camera is plugged in).

When I try to determine the face version I do get a result (major 1, minor 6), but this remains the same for every file, so I suspect this is based on the currently installed SDK version.

Is there another way to determine the DCM version retrospectively of saved RSSDK files or is this impossible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I looked up in the documentation for the file's encoding. It does not seem to encode the DCM version in the file description.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I looked up in the documentation for the file's encoding. It does not seem to encode the DCM version in the file description.

THark
Novice

Ok, thanks for the fast reply.

0 Kudos