Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Half-mini PCI-E to PCI-E x1 adapter for Intel 7260.HMWG.R AC 7260 WiFi card

idata
Employee

I had a motherboard (GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XN-WIFI FM2+) with Intel AC 7260 HMWG.R HALF MINI PCI-E installed. Since it had a hardware defect, I bought new motherboard (ASRock A88M-G/3.1), but it doesn't have a mini-PCI Express slot. I want to install this WIFI card (Intel AC 7260 HMWG.R HALF MINI PCI-E) from my old motherboard to my new one using a PCI Express x1 slot it has. Can you recommend me good adapter (MINI PCI-E to PCI-E x1) that would support all functions of my wireless card (WiFi-AC and Bluetooth 4.0) and wouldn't slow it down.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello alexanderadleresq,

We understand you are looking for a Half Mini Card to PCIe adapter for your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (HMC). The adapter was originally preinstalled into a defective motherboard, which you have replaced for a different model, and this new board does not have an HMC port.

Unfortunately we will be unable to recommend a Mini PCIe to PCIe adapter for you, as this products are not manufactured by Intel® and have not been tested for performance nor functionality by us. While you may be able to find one that works, we cannot guarantee this setup and it will not be supported.

Our recommendation for this type of application is to purchase an http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-desktop.html Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* for Desktop or another similar adapter originally intended for PCIe installation, in order to avoid possible compatibility issues or feature limitations.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello alexanderadleresq,

We understand you are looking for a Half Mini Card to PCIe adapter for your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (HMC). The adapter was originally preinstalled into a defective motherboard, which you have replaced for a different model, and this new board does not have an HMC port.

Unfortunately we will be unable to recommend a Mini PCIe to PCIe adapter for you, as this products are not manufactured by Intel® and have not been tested for performance nor functionality by us. While you may be able to find one that works, we cannot guarantee this setup and it will not be supported.

Our recommendation for this type of application is to purchase an http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-desktop.html Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* for Desktop or another similar adapter originally intended for PCIe installation, in order to avoid possible compatibility issues or feature limitations.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your help!

Is it possible to purchase this product, but without the card itself (since I already have one)?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello alexanderadleresq,

Ours only sells as a whole kit, unfortunately, and it uses the M.2 version of this adapter (The HMC form factor has already received it's http://qdms.intel.com/dm/i.aspx/EA5DF814-C81C-49AE-9A7E-4E87D3E2DCAD/PCN114994-00.pdf end of life notice for this adapter models).

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos