This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
As we understand, the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 in a new Asus* PC is not being detected. Here are some initial recommendations based on your description of the issue:
- Please keep in mind that you should contact the Computer Manufacturer Support or its authorized service provider for assistance about this, specially considering that this is a new computer.
- Since you mentioned that it worked before, and also after you did a system restore, check for any applications, or system updates that may be causing this behavior. Remove any programs that may be triggering this issue. Additionally, the issues with Google* Chrome suggest a problem not related to the wireless adapter itself.
- Check the BIOS and make sure that the internal WLAN device is enabled.
- We strongly recommend to contact the PC manufacturer and make sure you are using up-to-date BIOS in the PC. Restoring the BIOS to defaults may also help.
For additional assistance, please provide the following information:
- Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, on the next screen, Save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.
- Were there any changes made to the system around the time this started happening? (New hardware, Windows* updates, new software, etc.).