2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 3:28 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel Dual Band 8260 adapter disapeared

Muficek

Hi, on my girlfriend´s new laptop the Intel Dual Band Wireless 8260 adapter disapeared. Model is Asus Zenbook flip 360UA. She was browsing google chrome when suddenly she lost connection. I noticed the adapter was missing so i tried to reinstall it. Didnt worked. Then i tried recovery (4 days back). Adapter showed up but it again stoped working after 30 minutes. I noticed another problem (cant unninstall Google Chrome) i run Avast antivirus check after restart and nothing. Another thing i noticed is when i was intalling drivers. The installation didnt created some files. For example C:/Windows/system32/drivers/netwbw02.sys and others.

• 1. Re: Intel Dual Band 8260 adapter disapeared
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Muficek,

As we understand, the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 in a new Asus* PC is not being detected. Here are some initial recommendations based on your description of the issue:

- Please keep in mind that you should contact the Computer Manufacturer Support or its authorized service provider for assistance about this, specially considering that this is a new computer.

- Since you mentioned that it worked before, and also after you did a system restore, check for any applications, or system updates that may be causing this behavior. Remove any programs that may be triggering this issue. Additionally, the issues with Google* Chrome suggest a problem not related to the wireless adapter itself.

- Check the BIOS and make sure that the internal WLAN device is enabled.

- We strongly recommend to contact the PC manufacturer and make sure you are using up-to-date BIOS in the PC. Restoring the BIOS to defaults may also help.

For additional assistance, please provide the following information:

- Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, on the next screen, Save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.

- Were there any changes made to the system around the time this started happening? (New hardware, Windows* updates, new software, etc.).

Regards,
          Jonathan.

• 2. Re: Intel Dual Band 8260 adapter disapeared
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Muficek,

We haven't seen any updates for this thread. Feel free to let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,
            Jonathan B.