7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 9:51 AM by Intel Corporation

I have a system using linux centos 6.5 OS, a "supermicro X10DRD" mother board and two "E5-2690 V3" CPUs.I know that CPU's maximum frequency is 2.6Ghz, but turboBoost function will clock up to 3.5Ghz.However, in the above combination, the idle state of the

SANG-HYUN_HAN

I have a system using linux centos 6.5 OS, a "supermicro X10DRD" mother board and two "E5-2690 V3" CPUs.

I know that CPU's maximum frequency is 2.6Ghz, but turboBoost function will clock up to 3.5Ghz.

However, in the above combination, the idle state of the linux system is 1.2Ghz, and when the program is run, the max frequency is only 2.6Ghz.

Motherboard setup seems to be done normally.

Using the "cpupower frequency-info" command, the hardware limits are set to 1.2Ghz - 2.6Ghz as shown below.

I ask for technical support on how to enable cpu speeds up to 3.5Ghz in the above environment.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----------

Analyzing CPU 0:

Driver: acpi-cpufreq

CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0

CPUs need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0

Maximum transition latency: 10.0 us

Hardware limits: 1.20 GHz to 2.60 GHz

Available frequency steps: 2.60 GHz, 2.60 GHz, 2.50 GHz, 2.40 GHz, 2.30 GHz, 2.20 GHz, 2.10 GHz, 2.00 GHz, 1.90 GHz, 1.80 GHz, 1.70 GHz, 1.60 GHz, 1.50 GHz, 1.40 GHz, 1.30 GHz, 1.20 GHz

Available cpufreq governors: powersave ondemand userspace performance

Current policy: frequency should be within 1.20 GHz and 2.60 GHz.

The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use

Within this range.

Current CPU frequency: 1.20 GHz (asserted by call to hardware)

Boost state support:

Supported: yes

Active: yes

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----------

Thank you.