Not to answer my own question...
I got it working. It was 'seeing' the keyboard, but I guess I missed the screen prompt for next before it changed to a language that I didn't speak/read. I finally took a chance and clicked the only button on the screen even though I couldn't understand what the button said. That seemed to work because I got to the rest of the windows setup started.
All appears to be working now.
Thanks. No worries.
I'm sure the issue was with me not watching closely / doing other stuff when the English version of everything was showing on the screen.
I work in IT... It is a bit annoying when end users don't pay attention, then want me to fix or diagnose things. I guess I got a taste of my own medicine.