Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

S2600G (Z/L) PCIe x16 without riser card

PHenr8
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I have a swift question regarding the PCIe x24 slots on the S2600GZ or S2600GL boards. I would like to know if it is possible to place regular PCIe x1, x4, x8 and x16 cards directly into the x24 riser slots (without the risers, as they are currently not available).

Many thanks in advance,

Pit

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Pit,

Intel has only intended these slots to be used with our riser cards. Intel strongly recommends the use of validated hardware to avoid unforeseen issues. Additionally, running the product out of its original specifications might potentially void the warranty of the unit.

If needed, I would recommend contacting your nearest Intel reseller to consider other options that would suit better your requirements.

Regards,

Dave A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Pit,

Intel has only intended these slots to be used with our riser cards. Intel strongly recommends the use of validated hardware to avoid unforeseen issues. Additionally, running the product out of its original specifications might potentially void the warranty of the unit.

If needed, I would recommend contacting your nearest Intel reseller to consider other options that would suit better your requirements.

Regards,

Dave A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pit,

This is a follow up to know if you have further questions related to this issue. Otherwise we will proceed to mark this thread as resolved.

Best regards
0 Kudos
PHenr8
Beginner

Hi,

Yes, everything is fine. Thank you!

Best regards,

Pit

0 Kudos
ARodr35
Beginner

Hi Pitom, did it work? I have the same question as you, and as I see that intel doesn't provide any useful answer, could you share your experience? Did it work?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos