Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

[15.45] drivers missing "usual features" because of Windows 10

ide
Novice

There are some threads that show us about missing "usual features" from [15.45] drivers because of Windows 10 :

• Missing Hotkey :
  • Missing Gamma settings :
  • No Graphics Options Contextual Menu :

It is said that the [15.45] drivers don't have those features because Windows 10 already has built in features which do the same functionality. I would agree to Intel for that decision because of redundancy. But there is someone out there (me included) who prefer the old drivers [15.40] features which is missing in [15.45] to get back because we are used to it. For my case, I have 6th generation Intel processor which also has [15.40] driver so I could use that driver to get the "usual features" from Intel Graphics Control Panel, but what happen to someone with 7th generation Intel processor? For 7th gen, the only available driver is [15.45] so they don't have any other option to use the "usual features" from Intel Graphics Control Panel.

Also, from second thread there is no official statement from Intel if the functionality is going to be back or not for new driver version. I want this feature to be back because my life easier with driver [15.40] than [15.45].

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello iede:

In regard to your inquiry, as you mentioned above since you are using a 6th generation processor, you can always install the [15.40] drivers to be able to use the usual features.

For the 7th generation processors I just wanted to let you know that Intel is currently working in developing new graphics drivers for those processors, those drivers will include different features that might include the usual features, at this moment there is no official release date for them yet, but it will be any time soon.

Also, as you said before, there is no official statement from Intel saying that some of the previous options will be accessible on the new drives or not, so at this point we will need to wait for the new drivers to be available in order to confirm that, please keep checking our web site for future updates and drivers releases:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

We really appreciate your feedback, and I will transfer your suggesting to the proper department for them to be able to see your comments on this matter.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
TWilm
Novice

Why do you people always change things for the worse?

I use my pc as a htpc and I need gamma setting by numbers, not that Win10 setting by slider.

Please make this gamma option available again in the next driver release.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ppschlumpf:

First of all, let me apologize for any type on inconvenience.

I just wanted to let you know that we really appreciate the feedback provided by all the peers in our communities.

In regard to your request, I already sent this report to the proper department, hopefully the option will be back if there is a newer driver release, there are a lot of users that want the gamma option back as it was before.

To iede:

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos