2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 11:35 AM by Intel Corporation

What color depth can the graphics 4600 run for 3840 x 2160 @60hz? Can it run the notebook's internal monitor at same time?

Rob_DL

Hi.

A few questions, please help?

1.)  Can my HD Graphics 4600(in ThinkPad T540P) do these all at the same time:

• MiniDisplayPort(it IS 1.2, right?) : a 28"  3840 x 2160 @60hz;
      • Notebook's built-in display (1920 x 1080);
      • HDMI port:  A lesser monitor, say 1280 x 1024.

I'm asking because the max resolution is 3840 x 2160. So does that mean that I'd be using it all up on the huge monitor, with nothing left to use for the internal or the lesser?

This might be complicated because it's in a notebook with limited power, but I hope not.

2.)  That huge monitor, what color depth would the 4600 give? 10-Bits Per Color? 8-Bits per Color plus FRC (which simulates 10bpc)?

3.)   IF the color depth from the card is less than the huge monitor's, will that cause un-pleasantries?:

• Weird Color artifacts because the card doesn't feed the screen what it needs?
      • Increased Latency -  as the monitor translates UP TO (or DOWN FROM)  8-bpc and does FRC?
      • Other problems?

Thank you for your help.

I have a brief chance to get a great monitor, but I want to make sure the graphics card can support it!