8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2017 3:57 AM by lw1948

NUC6i3SYK -  LAN drivers  do not want to install - please help

nuctm

Hello,

I've just bought NUC6i3SYK -  and with no problems I installed the following:

OS - MS Server 2012r2,

and from Intel Bios and drivers update site:

updated BIOS to the newest version,

updated chipset to the newest version.

Unfortunately newest LAN doesn't want to install - "No Intel Adapters are present in this computer"  communicate appear during LAN driver installation

May I ask you for help in this issue

Thank you in advance !

Tomasz

• 1. Re: NUC6i3SYK -  LAN drivers  do not want to install - please help
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi,

I understand you have an Intel® NUC NUC6i3SYK and you are missing LAN drivers for Windows® Server 2012 R2.

Please bear in mind this Intel® NUC does not have driver support for your current operating system. The support is only available for the following operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)
          Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
          Windows 7 (64-bit)

You can confirm this information here
          Additionally, check the list of downloads for your Intel® NUC at
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89186/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i3SYK

Hope this information is helpful.

Please do let me know if you need further assistance with your Intel product, I will be glad to assist you.

Allan.

• 2. Re: NUC6i3SYK -  LAN drivers  do not want to install - please help
            nuctm

Dear Allan,

Thank you very much for your quick reaction !

I am aware about information you have provided and unfortunately there is no official created driver's support for WS2012R2, although many drivers are working: chipset example.

Allan - please be so kind and let me provide you some more info:

The purpose I bought this NUC - i3 version not i7 -  is to use it with lowest possible frequency - 800Hz and lowest TDP-7,5W for dedicated Audio PC with WS2012r2 but in core mode with only 15 windows services.

This NUC is already working very fine in one PC Audio setup - so no need for LAN or WiFi but the main purpose is to use it in Dual PC setup with lowest frequency, TDP and few services BUT then I need LAN enabled to connect it to the Control PC.

Allan - would you be so kind -  is there any possibility or workaround to enable LAN in this specific configuration ?

Thank you in advance for your support !

Kind regards,

Tomasz

• 3. Re: NUC6i3SYK -  LAN drivers  do not want to install - please help
              lw1948

Hello Allan,

Try this driver: Download Intel® Network Adapter Drivers for MS-DOS*

According to the release notes, this driver supports Inter Ethernet Connection I219-V and MS Server 2012r2

Good luck

Leon

P.S.

If the above is not working see here: Download Intel® Ethernet Adapters Connections CD

• 4. Re: NUC6i3SYK -  LAN drivers  do not want to install - please help
                rguevara

Hi nuctm,

I havent tried this but you could try the following driver as well: Downloads for Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V.

The NUC6i3SYK integrates an Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet Controller (10/100/1000 Mb/s), drivers available for this device can be found on the link above.

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

• 5. Re: NUC6i3SYK -  LAN drivers  do not want to install - please help
                  nuctm

Hi Ronny,

Thank you very much !

I spent many hours  and tried all drivers and solutions you and Leon provided - unfortunately with no success.

The Ethernet Adapter is no visible and  I think that due to that driver installations each time ended with message " "No Intel Adapters are present in this computer"

Just for checking purposes - I did  install both win10 and win 8.1 - LAN drivers were installed smoothly then.

Moreover - I checked registry on server installations - there is no one entry about Ethernet adapter I219V - while in win10 and win8.1 registry there were plenty entries about Intel I219V.

So if you have any idea how to make Intel Ethernet Adapter visible I would be very grateful for it.

Kind regards,

Tomasz

• 6. Re: NUC6i3SYK -  LAN drivers  do not want to install - please help
                    lw1948

Hi Tomasz

I'm sorry that the driver that I was suggesting didn't work for you. Since Intel claims that it is suitable for you OS and for the network adapter in your NUC, still I think it is worthy to try install this driver manually: Download Intel® Network Adapter Drivers for MS-DOS*

Follow these steps:

1. Extract and decompress the PRODOS.exe file to a folder. (To extract the file, you need an archive utility  such as 7zip. If you don’t have one, you can download it online.)

2. Go to Device Manager.

3. Expand category “Network adapters”. Right-click on the Intel network device and select Update Driver Software…

Note if the network driver is missing, it might be listed under category “Other devices”. In this case, there is a yellow mark next to the device which is displayed as Ethernet Controller.

4. Click Browser my computer for driver software.

5. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Check the box next to “Show compatible hardware” and click Have Disk… button.

7. Click Browse… button and navigate to the folder where you extracted the driver file to.

8. Continue to open the folders until you can choose any of the .INF files. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.

I hope this will help

Leon

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: NUC6i3SYK -  LAN drivers  do not want to install - please help
                      nuctm

Dear Leon,

It works !  and it works for both servers - 2012r2 and 2016 :-)

In my case I went through "Ethernet Controller"  under "Other devices"

.... now it seems simple :-)

Thank you very,very much for your time and effort to write this instruction !

I hope that your instruction will help also others with same or similar problem.

Best regards,

Tomasz

• 8. Re: NUC6i3SYK -  LAN drivers  do not want to install - please help
                        lw1948

Hi Tomasz,

Tank you for your feedback. I'm glad that I was able to help.