This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
As per our translation application, we understand that you would like to upgrade your system from an Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 to an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265.
We regret to inform you that this is not possible, as the 2230 uses the PCIe Half Mini Card form factor, and the 8265 is only available in M.2. So physically, they're are not compatible.
Aside from this, end users are not authorized to perform wireless card installation or upgrades. We recommend contacting your computer manufacturer to find out which wireless adapters have been approved for your system, and if possible, to purchase the upgrade from them to avoid compatibility issues.
- Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.
- Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?
From our current product selection, the following are available in the PCIe Half Mini Card form factor, all which were launched in the same year:
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260.
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.
- Product Comparison for these three models + your current adapter.
Again, we can't stress this enough. To avoid compatibility issues, it's important to check with your computer manufacturer before upgrading your wireless adapter. Custom integrations are not supported by Intel®.
We hope this information helps.