This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
Based on the description of your issue and the system specifications available through your computer manufacturer's website, it seems that our 6 Series SSD models are not compatible with your laptop.
The Intel® SSD 600p Series is a 2280 M.2 PCIe* NVMe* 3.0 x4 drive.
- M.2 is the connector type.
- 2280 refers to the physical size of the SSD (22mm x 80mm).
- NVMe* is the interface specification.
- 3.0 refers to the PCIe* Generation.
- x4 will be how many PCIe* lanes it will use.
Finding the specifications for the M.2 port on your laptop was no easy task. The Product support page has no information on this, and the service manuals are not entirely clear. But it does seem that your M.2 port only supports SATA drives, not NVMe* (which would be like trying to play a Blu-ray on a regular DVD player, for example).
For an M.2 SSD that may be compatible with your system, you can look into the following models, all which have M.2 SATA models:
- Intel® SSD 540s Series.
- Intel® SSD 535 Series.
- Intel® SSD 530 Series.
Based on page 14 of the HDD/SSD manual for your laptop, it seems that only 128GB and 256GB models are supported. However, you may want to contact your computer manufacturer to verify this information.
- HP* ProBook* 450 G3 Notebook PC Specifications.
- HP* ProBook* 450 G3 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide (Page 14 aka Chapter 1 page 2 - Mini Card).
- Intel® SSD 600p Series - Frequently Asked Questions.
NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services provided there. We do not provide support for any third party tool mentioned here.
We hope this information helps.