9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2017 12:49 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i3SYH NIC driver

rkinion

I just purchased a NUC6i3SYH and installed Windows 10. Since the NUC doesn't come with drivers I downloaded the 6i3SYH  NIC driver from this site and tried to install it. I keep getting an error that there is no nIC on this system.

• 1. Re: NUC6i3SYH NIC driver
          N.Scott.Pearson
          • What version did you try? Hint: this one is the most recent: Intel® Gigabit Network Connection Driver v21.1 for Intel® NUC Kits NUC6i[x]SY and NUC6i7KYK.
          • Did you have an ethernet cable plugged into the NUC when you did this? [Aside: I have nothing that says this should matter; I am just curious]
          • Did you have the correct version of this driver package for your particular O/S (i.e. Windows 10 32-bit or Windows 10 64-bit, whichever is appropriate)?
          • Have you verified that, within BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS), the LAN interface is enabled? Click on Advanced, then Devices and then the Onboard Devices tab. In the Onboard Device Configuration section on the left, the LAN entry should be checked.
          • Are you running the latest BIOS (SY0057)? If not, install it and then try again (but note next item).
          • Is this the only driver package that you installed? Try installing the Chipset Device Software package and then attempt this package again.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: NUC6i3SYH NIC driver
            rkinion

Scott,

Thanks for the response.

I downloaded the Gigabit 21.1 64 bit driver package for my 64 bit Windows 10. When I got the no NIC error, I downloaded and installed the Chipset Device Software package then tried the NIC driver again but no joy. Even though I had already been through the BIOS, I checked it again to make sure the NIC was enabled which it was. The network cable was connected and I checked at the network switch to see if it showed a valid connection which it did. I can't imagine why the BIOS version would make a difference but since that's the only thing left, I will download and install the latest version

and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

• 3. Re: NUC6i3SYH NIC driver
              lw1948

Hello rkinion

1. Open Device Manger and uninstall the current installed by windows network driver (if installed).

2. Install the latest Network Driver downloaded from the Intel site.

3. If the automatic update fails, try to install this driver manually. Follow these steps:

3.1. Usually, the driver file is in .exe format. Extract and decompress the file to a folder. (To extract the file, you need an archive utility  such as 7zip. If you don’t have one, you
                        can download it online.)

3.2. Go to Device Manager.

3.3. Expand category “Network adapters”. Right-click on the Intel network device and select Update Driver Software…

Note if the network driver is missing, it might be listed under category “Other devices”. In this case, there is a yellow mark next to the device which is displayed  as  Ethernet Controller.

3.4. Click Browser my computer for driver software.

3.5. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

3.6. Check the box next to “Show compatible hardware” and click Have Disk… button.

3.7. Click Browse… button and navigate to the folder where you extracted the driver file to.

3.8. Continue to open the folders until you can choose any of the .INF files. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.

• 4. Re: NUC6i3SYH NIC driver
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello all, 

lw1948 and N.Scott.Pearson thank you for your inputs.

rkinion, let me know how it goes with the BIOS update. I would also recommend following the steps mentioned above, these should ensure the installation of the driver.

Regards,

Amy.

• 5. Re: NUC6i3SYH NIC driver
                  rkinion

Thanks lw1948,

Good info but I already tried all those steps and it didn't help. I'm going to have to hope for a fix from the BIOS update.

• 6. Re: NUC6i3SYH NIC driver
                    rkinion

I appreciate everyone's help but as I tell my students when you run into a problem you just can't seem to fix (and you will when you work on computers) you have to learn to think outside the box.

Updating the BIOS did not help the NIC problem so I plugged in a USB 3.0 to RJ45 adapter which let me connect to the internet. I went to the NUC driver page, installed all

the NUC drivers and everything is working great. Go figure!!

• 7. Re: NUC6i3SYH NIC driver
                      lw1948

Hello rkinion

I don't understand your solution. You went to NUC download page (using USB to RJ45 connection). How did you installed all the NUC drivers? You have probably first to downloaded (I believe, to other computer) all the drivers and then installed them. If I'm right what is the difference? In your post you just mentioned that you have downloaded the driver from the internet site. You got even a link to the driver from Scott. Can you please explain?

• 8. Re: NUC6i3SYH NIC driver
                        rkinion

I can't tell you why the exact same driver installed correctly directly from Intel's web page to the NUC unless the driver needed to communicate with their driver page during the install. It was exactly the same driver

that I downloaded from their webpage to another computer, copied it to a flash drive and installed it on the NUC with no success. Someone smarter than me will have to answer that question.

• 9. Re: NUC6i3SYH NIC driver
                          Intel Corporation
                          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

rkinion, those are really good news! I am glad to hear you were able to install the driver, and there if something I can help you with just let me know.

Regards,

Amy.