Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel Deployment Assistant - unable to access boot device?

MSeli2
Beginner

Hello, I try to boot from USB Intel Deployment Assistant, but I write error - unable to access boot device

Help solve the problem

Server SR1500ALSASR

MB- S5000PAL

Intel Deployment Assistant - 1.3 and 2.5.3 ver

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Mikhail,

Even when your board is end of interactive support (Intel no longer provides email, chat or phone support for this product), we will try to help you as much as we can with your situation.

In order to better understand your issue, could you please provide us with the following details?

Are you using a USB Flash drive or an Internal DVD-ROM?

If you are using a flash drive then please try by re-formatting it and make it bootable again

Now if you are using an internal DVD - ROM can you please try with and external usb DVD- ROM?

0 Kudos
MSeli2
Beginner

Hello.

I use USB Flash drive through a recorded UltraISO

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I see, can you please try again by recreating the bootable drive and downloading again the ISO?

Please let us know if it works this time.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Following up on this matter, is there any particular reason why you want to use the Intel Deployment Assistant?

Perhaps you can try a normal installation without using the Intel Deployment Assistant and see if you are able to access the boot device this way.
0 Kudos